Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Aug 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Anyone stayed at highgate park?

Hi, looking at a villa at highgate park wondered if anyone had stayed there and could give any feedback? Not likely to be visiting disney whilst staying at the villa so that is not an issue, but shopping and universal and possibly the beach amongst other things. Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We stayed twice last year in Arkvilla on Highgate Park..it was a perfect location,loads of restuarants nearby, a lovely community,would 100% stay again.
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Yes, it’s our favourite place to stay when off site. Lovely, quiet and close to lots of restaurants and shops.

Mick will be along soon to confirm
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
We stayed twice last year in Arkvilla on Highgate Park..it was a perfect location,loads of restuarants nearby, a lovely community,would 100% stay again.
Thank you for the feedback! Is there much to do in the community or within walking distance? I will be driving but wouldn’t mind a few days off whilst we are there 😊
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Yes, it’s our favourite place to stay when off site. Lovely, quiet and close to lots of restaurants and shops.

Sounds fab! See you are off to POFQ we stayed at POR last time (and will stay there again for the disney part of our trip) I loved it! Thanks for the highgate feedback 😊
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post

You know me too well. Returning to the same villa in November for the 12th time so I guess we like it there.

OP - I have a standard answer relating to restaurants and shops in the area which I've posted a few times on here. Happy to do it again if you like.

Mick
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
You know me too well. Returning to the same villa in November for the 12th time so I guess we like it there.

OP - I have a standard answer relating to restaurants and shops in the area which I've posted a few times on here. Happy to do it again if you like.

Mick
I would be really grateful if you wouldn’t mind posting for me? 😊
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by No1jadey View Post
Thank you for the feedback! Is there much to do in the community or within walking distance? I will be driving but wouldn’t mind a few days off whilst we are there 😊
lol over to Mick!
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews

Sorry there's no central clubhouse or amenities and to be honest we wouldn't choose to walk to anywhere but that's true of the vast majority of villa communities. We are both 72 though.

We haven't been to any parks since 2010 and our holidays involve

a) sit in the sun b) go under lanai c) go in pool. Repeat fifty times every day. Break up with the occasional drive to B&BW

Mick
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
I would be really grateful if you wouldn’t mind posting for me? 😊
Here you go

Within a couple of miles of Rolling Oaks on US192 you’ll find Manny’s, Longhorn, Dennys, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Texas Roadhouse, Red Lobster, Joes Crab Shack, Bonefish Grill, Outback, Carrabbas, Millers Ale House, Cracker Barrel, Sweet Tomatoes, Applebees, Culvers, Hooters (sorry I know you said restaurants but this slipped in) and Red Robin coming soon - bound to have missed a couple

At Berry Town Center on US27 there’s Applebees, IHOP, Bamboo Wok (nice take-away) and possibly a couple more that we’ve never used.

Not an expert on Championsgate but there’s another Millers, Red Robin, Chillis, Wendys, Tijuana Flats and a newish place called First Watch.

Down near Posner on the US27 there’s Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, Dennys and Perkins. A bit further down Ovation Bistro which is well worth trying.

Our personal favourites are Longhorn and Texas for steak, Carrabbas’s for Italian and either Red Lobster or Bonefish for fish. Again in our opinion Manny’s at Haines is far better than the one on US192.

Mick