Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Camp America /wage transfer problems?

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this with their kids?

CCUSA have used a rapid card to pay the staff wages this year. Dd has saved her money to use for backpacking round Australia at a later date but she has been told that you can’t use this card in a uk cashpoint or transfer money from it to a uk account, meaning her only option is to withdraw all the cash and carry it with her.

I’ve tried googling it but can’t seem to find any useful information but I don’t like the idea of her having to carry so much cash

Wondered if anyone elses kids have encountered the same problem
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
CookieMonster54
Excited about Disney

That doesn’t seem like a good idea if that’s the only way then the safest way would be if she got the cash out at the airport that way she has to carry it for the shortest time possible.
CookieMonster54 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CookieMonster54 View Post
That doesn’t seem like a good idea if that’s the only way then the safest way would be if she got the cash out at the airport that way she has to carry it for the shortest time possible.
I thought that but I don’t know if America have a daily limit the same as here as she’s got quite a bit to withdraw. I’m going to do that Mom thing where I interfere and email ccusa this morning I think.
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sevcunto View Post
Can you buy things with this card or only withdraw money with it?

Add it to a PayPal account and then send the cash to another PayPal account?
I’m not sure but I hadn’t thought of that, I’ll message her as as that could be the way around it. Thank you fingers crossed
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sevcunto View Post
Can you buy things with this card or only withdraw money with it?

Add it to a PayPal account and then send the cash to another PayPal account?
If it’s using this: irp-cdn.multiscreensite/...20Flyer%20.pdf
It looks like it’s a MasterCard debit card so the PayPal advice would work.

It does also say that the card can be used worldwide, so it’s possible that someone has told her the wrong thing about accessing the money abroad
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
If it’s using this: irp-cdn.multiscreensite/...20Flyer%20.pdf
It looks like it’s a MasterCard debit card so the PayPal advice would work.

It does also say that the card can be used worldwide, so it’s possible that someone has told her the wrong thing about accessing the money abroad
Thank you so much, I have sent her the link to this thread so when she gets up she will see it, that’s a real help.

I wondered like you say - if she had been given the correct information as from what she’s been told the card sounds useless and I couldn’t understand for the life of me why it wouldn’t work in a uk cashpoint.
I have also emailed CCUSA myself to find out the ins and outs also.

Thanks so much, hopefully she can do the PayPal thing
Can’t wait to have her home now x
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

DD finished camp on Thursday and is currently in Washington ... I imagine her wages will be spent over there but please let us know what the answer is when you find out just in case there are any dollars left lol

Hope she has had a good experience 😊. Where is she?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

My dd has had to set up a USA bank account for her wages. I’m now wondering how she will transfer them.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
DD finished camp on Thursday and is currently in Washington ... I imagine her wages will be spent over there but please let us know what the answer is when you find out just in case there are any dollars left lol

Hope she has had a good experience 😊. Where is she?
I will indeed pop back and update what she does

Dd did enjoy it, it was her 3rd year and think it will be her last one this time. Shes been in Pennsylvania- they finished yesterday and are now in New York .

Did your dd enjoy it? Where was she based? I hope she has a fab time travelling I love Washington ... so beautiful and interesting
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pixiedust40 View Post
I will indeed pop back and update what she does

Dd did enjoy it, it was her 3rd year and think it will be her last one this time. Shes been in Pennsylvania- they finished yesterday and are now in New York .

Did your dd enjoy it? Where was she based? I hope she has a fab time travelling I love Washington ... so beautiful and interesting
DD was in Pennsylvania too! Small world! She was in a NJY camp in Milford. It was her first and she absolutely loved it - they have begged her to go back next year but her graduation ceremony is in July and she will be job hunting for her first primary teaching job so she doesn’t think she can do it.

She has met some wonderful people and one of her friends is going to Australia ... would be very spooky to learn it was your DD lol
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List