Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Aug 18, 05:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Day 1 - Five Have Fun In Florida (&The Bahamas)

My day began at 4.59 a.m and much as I tried, I could not get back to sleep so began my first ever trip report! Bron and I were ready just before 8 so headed to the lounge looking for coffee! We grabbed some breakfast bits and were eventually joined by the rest of our crew.

Breakfast in the lounge

The plan decided was that we would head to islands of adventure so we gathered our gear and left the room.

The kids are ready!

And so are we!

We walked down to the park, we have a smoker in our party. I gave up smoking 10 years ago and much as I realise what a pain I must’ve been with my then, filthy habit I still have an understanding of that feeling!

A nice quick walk on the way in and the girls went off to ride the hulk while we headed to spiderman.

Moni was up for riding with Bron, this was her first ride on Hulk and she loved it!

We do not look happy in this picture but we were!

We then headed off to the arcade as you do for half an hour of our lives that we’ll never get back! Mone was very pleased with the Chinese finger trap and flip flop key ring which she traded in her winning tokens for!

The big kids had a pic with a couple of super heroes, Mone would not join these pics as had been krept up on by the green goblin just before, he really frightened the life out of her!

We then tried to change our meal plans to claim our refillable cups we had preordered, we had to find an open location to collect a plastic card, we had been to will call and had paper cards. No where was open so we headed off to Seuss Landings. This is a favourite area of mine, we have been visiting Florida since Bron was 1 and I have fond memories of my big kids here. We rode cat in the hat, collected mugs from food area then rode the trolley ride. My big kids had pics with characters, not Moni but she was with us honestly!

My very own Thing One and Thing Two!

I was then asked who was Thing One and Thing Two and places were switched!

Thing Three was in the sweet shop choosing a pick n mix!

We finished the rides in Seuss Landing.

The plan was then to head to Jurassic Park and Kong so we continued around.

Mona then decided she wanted to get a mendi tattoo, she loves henna and often buys it from amazon to create designs for herself and us! This was $25 and oh dear she hadn’t brought enough cash out to cover the cost! Here’s the chosen design

The guy who painted it used henna in a little plastic squeezable bottle as opposed to the paper cones that Mone’s usually come in! She was impressed as he took one look at her chosen pattern and painted it from memory she told us all!

We were now at Hogsmead and the plan changed. We would ride the forbidden journey

The ride went tech while we were on it! We then rode the hippogriff and got the train to Kings Cross.

We headed to the Simpson’s food court for lunch. It’s not my favourite! Mona had pizza, Bron and myself Mother Nature burgers, Alex and Bay clogger burgers. They like the food and had been looking forward to coming back here but by the time we paid mine was lukewarm and Mona’s was cold. The queing system in here is not good. We had a pink donut to share as a desert and all felt stuffed afterwards. Bron had a duff beer which she didn’t like much!

We decided on ET next, another old favourite.

We were at this point done in however Mone wanted to watch the animal actors show due to start in half an hour so I went for a browse in the Barney store as every year contemplate buying the Barney beach towel!

Bron was a huge fan at 1 when we discovered Barney on the then, cable TV. She had the whole VHS collection, the cassette tape in my car and Alex and I knew all the words to all of the songs. We could’ve actually had starring roles in some of the shows!

We first visited universal when Bron was 1 and unbeknown to us A day in the park with Barney was there! We brought all of the toys, the books and the tshirt and it was law that we always watched the show when at universal!

Sorry for all that back story as I’ve gone off on a tangent but I had made up my mind that I would get the beach towel today. Only I couldn't as it wasnt in the shop! The only Barney related items were a baby bop, she was Barney’s little dinosaur buddy incase you are wondering!, a set of 3 figurines (Barney, BJ and Baby Bop) if you’re interested and a weird cushion Barney! There were minions toys and generic universal studios souvenirs but nothing else! I think they are getting rid of Barney! None of my crew cared when I reported this back to them!

We watched the animal show and a decision was made ( Mona did not agree to this) to take a slow wonder back to the hotel.

We had a mini break in the room, the big kids played animal crossing with Mone. We then popped to the lounge to see what the appetisers were. All meaty and not my cup of tea! We grabbed some drinks and headed to the Florida Mall. I am collecting the Disney store mugs, it’s the 18th so release day for August. The mugs had sold out this morning, the pins were bought and the mugs ordered online from the UK.

Mona bought an American Girl Doll chameleon pet in a plastic cage to I’m guessing befriend the hamster she bought last year, this has been gathering dust on top of her wardrobe! She’s not into toys but she cannot resist the things in this store. She has 2 dolls bought a few years ago, they did come in handy recently when she was learning to French plait! She had again not brought out enough money to cover this purchase! She also bought some hand sanitizers and a mermaid sanitiser holder from BABW. I bought a candle, they are currently on offer, it’s a Halloween theme and I couldn’t resist even though I keep telling myself that store is over priced and to go easy. I did have an email voucher but it annoying wouldn’t open on my phone in store. Bron bought a beetle juice tshirt and the pins from Disney. Bay bought something in game stop. Mona looked in Justice, she used to love the stuff in here! It’s another overpriced store when compared to other like for like stores some of the bits are nice but most of the things are odd. We left empty handed today.

We drove back to the hotel via Publix I just grabbed some tide laundry pods.

We popped to the lounge to get some deserts before closing time and a coffee for me.

Alex grabbed a pizza from Emack & Bolio’s for dinner.

The big kids played animal crossing with Mone. They resumed the game they had begun earlier!

The plan had then been to go to the pool but we are done in for the day so will try again tomorrow.

Jessika is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day

Joan
Old 26 Aug 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day

Joan
Thanks for reading and commenting x
Jessika is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexCee
First POST

Busy bees x
AlexCee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List