Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

(Update picture) - Sunday rant - cyclists side by side

Why on earth do these idiots think that because they put on their cycling gear and go out with their mates that they can cycle side by side taking up the entire road making it almost impossible for drivers to get past them.

I used to cycle to and from central London, but I didn't take up the entire road by cycling side by side next to other cyclists.

There are far too many cycling accidents, which is often caused my stupid drivers, but when cyclists cycle side by side they are putting themselves at risk, as I've seen vehicles try to squeeze past them so closely almost causing serious accidents.

Rant over.

Update: 20 minutes after starting this thread and leaving costa, my wife took this picture which illustrates my frustration:

Edited at 11:27 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
john2202
Excited about Disney

Don't get me started lol
john2202 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Then jumping the red lights ?

This thread could get interesting. And I bet exactly 0% of dibbers are guilty😀
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Totally agree, It’s a bugbear if mine too but they will never see the problem. It’s dangerous for us and them.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

I was behind 2 cyclists side by side on country roads and couldn’t pass as a result - we all
Stopped at temp traffic lights where roadworks were set up and the cyclists decided after stopping that they were bored - we couldn’t see the other lights as they were round a corner and over a hill - but no they decided to go anyway - had a car been coming on the green light from the other direction it would have been a fatal head on collision and that poor driver would have stood no chance. There are cyclists out there that spoil it for all the rest. All Lycra and bums in the air looking ridiculous as they glide in front of everyone oblivious to the rules of the road!
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
barry206
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Don’t you know that when you put your Lycra cycling gear on you can do as you please on the road !
barry206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

I do not believe it is illegal. Its a fair use of the road, plus what's the point of cycling with you're mates if you cant talk to your mate at the side?
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Often I find that the cyclists are riding at close to the speed limit so i’m not that bothered if I can’t overtake.

In some instances riding side by side is a good defensive tactic from them as it would be unsafe for a car to overtake without leaving enough room.

I’m not a cyclist, but generally I find most of them to be alright. It’s a bit like drivers really, there’s a number of them who drive appallingly too.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kevin_cambs_uk View Post
I do not believe it is illegal. Its a fair use of the road, plus what's the point of cycling with you're mates if you cant talk to your mate at the side?
Would you say that if a group of people were walking along side by side and traffic was building up behind? We have no pavements were we live in the countryside, walkers have to use the road. Maybe that would be legal too, but it is inconsiderate.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Would you say that if a group of people were walking along side by side and traffic was building up behind? We have no pavements were we live in the countryside, walkers have to use the road. Maybe that would be legal too, but it is inconsiderate.

Why not
It’s not as though people have to wait hours to get past is it

It’s not like you have to stop then push the car. Lol it’s easy just wait a bit then press the right foot a bit effortless
We’re talking a few minutes at most
It’s a nice thing to do to respect others on the road whether you think they are being inconsiderate
Makes the world a better place
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List