Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t overtake on bends in the road.
Some road users do
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
hils
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
About 20 minutes after starting this thread, my wife took this picture which is exactly what I refer to:

Perfect road postioning. Riding exactly the recommended way for safety for all.
hils is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kevin_cambs_uk View Post
Plenty of room for an
Overtake there

Very good photo

Good use of road and driver attention well done
My wife took the picture who was a passenger. The picture is also zoomed in as I was further back. There is a road just ahead of them to the left and a bend on a national speed limit, so it would be rather foolish overtaking them.

Edited at 11:34 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
My wife took the picture who was a passenger. The picture is also zoomed in as I was further back as below). There is a road just ahead of them to the left and a bend on a national speed limit, so it would be rather foolish overtaking them.
I can only go on what I see
From the picture an overtake to me seems sensible
But I have no idea where it is nor have I been

I can only go on what I see
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Don’t get me started!

I live very close to a great cycling route, however I also live on a one way system.

They totally ignore this, ride 5 or 6 abreast the wrong way down the road, into a blind corner.

It’s literally only a matter of time before one of them is killed! The amount of times I’ve had to slam on as they’ve shot out in front of me is ridiculous!
Gill635 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by hils View Post
Perfect road postioning. Riding exactly the recommended way for safety for all.
It is downright inconsiderate. Either holding up or forcing cars onto the wrong side of the road at a bend unnecessarily just because they want to chat.

It is always safer for a car to be on the correct side of the road, so the positioning definitely isn’t “safety for all”.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe it’s the angle but the photo gives the impression of 3 abreast?
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I've just returned from a shopping trip where a cyclist thought it was ok to ignore the road marking instead of stopping and giving way to me as I was travelling along the road he wanted to enter (left turn)

I appreciate it was on an upwards slope and this would have involved more energy on his part to get going again, but it did mean i had to brake and swerve a bit
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

I live near a very steep hill with narrow, winding country roads over the top of it (no footpaths). The amount of cyclists that cycle over the top then realise it’s too steep so stop in the middle of the road for a breather is ridiculous. You literally have to crawl in 2nd gear as you never know who might be in the road when you go round a bend. I have seen dozens of near misses because idiot cyclists have stopped. You literally don’t see them until you are on top of them. All the gear and no idea!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kevin_cambs_uk View Post
Plenty of room for an
Overtake there

Very good photo

Good use of road and driver attention well done
1.) You should NEVER overtake approaching a corner. It is unnecessary and dangerous. Even when a hundred yards away it only takes one yob driving over the limit coming the other way.

2.) Hardly "plenty" of room, either across the road width or down it's length. In a pokey 2 door hatchback with a few people in it you'd struggle to overtake before reaching the apex of the corner.

3.) It never entered your head that the person taking the photo could have been a passenger.

4.) At least one of the cyclists is staring into what appears to be a pub garden. Excellent attention from him eh! Eyes ahead how hard is it.

5.) They are about to enter a higher speed portion of the road and are three abreast. Seems risky at best and downright rude at worst.

Plenty of rude people on bikes and in cars on our roads. I will always point them out when I see them.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 11:58 AM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List