Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Aug 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Labelling College uniform.

When your little cherubs started college and if they had any specific uniform to wear, did you label it still, or is now the time to trust they’ll actually look out for and look after their stuff?

Don’t want him laughed out the place lol, but don’t want stuff lost either. I suppose he won’t be taking it off.

Deggs x
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Ds had to wear a uniform at college, I didn’t label it and he ended up losing the jacket they all wore.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I think college age is a bit too old to have name labels on clothes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Ds had to wear a uniform at college, I didn’t label it and he ended up losing the jacket they all wore.
Exactly!
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think college age is a bit too old to have name labels on clothes.
I quite agree. So then he’ll have to pay for another one!
Old 20 Aug 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would agree that college age is far too old to be labelling (I didn’t even have anything labelled for most of secondary school) but also agree that if it’s not looked after and it’s lost then it’s their responsibility to buy a new one!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

No labels but they all wrote their names on their stuff in sharpie, too much went missing otherwise at college - animal husbandry college - Wellies/workboots/indoor lab coats outdoor boiler suits etc... costs too much to lose! Sixth form, not so much...
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Mine would not have let me label anything at that age but DS did write his own name with a felt tip in the collar of his Lab coat!
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Let him just write his initials on the labels so at least he gas a fair chance of finding miss placed items
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Expensive stuff - sharpie the underside of the label, not obvious, but findable. We sharpied our labcoats, and goggles in sixth form, as they were expensive, but if we had those little labels sewn in we’d have been laughed out the class!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List