Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Jul 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Hi, Should I download and sign-up whilst in the UK or wait until I am in Orlando?
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lazzareo View Post
Hi, Should I download and sign-up whilst in the UK or wait until I am in Orlando?
i did it before i left the UK - signed up on my laptop, input a dollar discount code at that point, then downloaded the app on my phone and logged in.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I have just downloaded both Uber and Lyft apps in preparation for my trip next week. Can anyone tell me if I can use discount codes and when do I input them?
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBERIFFIC
Apprentice Imagineer

ROBBERIFFIC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hi
Firsrtly thank you for a most informative thread.
Secondly I use a mobility scooter that beaks down into pieces for storage are there any UBER vehicles that could accommodate such a scooter.
Thank you.
Robberiffic
ROBBERIFFIC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Uber cleaning scam

just red a post on FB from someone who got scammed. The car they ordered never turned up, so they cancelled. Another uber car then charged their card with $150 cleaning fee. They did dispute this with Uber who are supposedly refunding them. But doing a google, this seems a common scam by uber drivers.

Bit worrying Anyone experienced any scam by them? People seem to be turning to Lyft a lot more now especially as Disney use Lyft.

Edited at 12:57 PM.
suesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
slicer
Very Serious Dibber

slicer's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey99 View Post
so whens best to put discount codes in at sign up or when we get over there and if i sign up do i get like a refferal code for my wife to sign up too also seems to be loads of like $15 off and 4 free rides anyone know the best place to get discount codes
I was wondering the same also is the main sticky still valid as it is over a year old?
Old 5 Sep 18, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
joanne42
Getting Excited

Mobile

Just got back and used ubber and Lyft for 2 weeks and like normal never had any problems with waiting times.stayed on I drive family of 5 adults cost to parks and Disney springs between $22 & $26 dollars depending on time of day.unniversal 10 -15.never had any problems even when coming out park after fireworks was there in minutes. Did have a couple of problems this year with drivers quoting one price and charging more but messaged ubber/Lyft and rectified within minutes also had one driver who we reported as car really should not of being used and they waived the payment straight away and blocked the driver from picking us up again.only place found difficult to get connection is Walmart but if you walk to last exit picks up connection.our 4th year of using ubber and will be using again next year.another tip for non drivers used Skippy transport for airport transfer and was brilliant clean vehicle,great driver Booked online $120 round trip including tip.hope this helps some people
joanne42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Question

Originally Posted by joanne42 View Post
Just got back and used ubber and Lyft for 2 weeks and like normal never had any problems with waiting times.stayed on I drive family of 5 adults cost to parks and Disney springs between $22 & $26 dollars depending on time of day.unniversal 10 -15.never had any problems even when coming out park after fireworks was there in minutes. Did have a couple of problems this year with drivers quoting one price and charging more but messaged ubber/Lyft and rectified within minutes also had one driver who we reported as car really should not of being used and they waived the payment straight away and blocked the driver from picking us up again.only place found difficult to get connection is Walmart but if you walk to last exit picks up connection.our 4th year of using ubber and will be using again next year.another tip for non drivers used Skippy transport for airport transfer and was brilliant clean vehicle,great driver Booked online $120 round trip including tip.hope this helps some people
Thank you for your message, but what is still better?:волна:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I used both Uber and Lyft on the West coast. I would say Lyft was slightly better as their cars and drivers seemed to be better quality.
I would definitely use them again BUT not rely on WiFi. We had a few hairy moments were I couldn’t pick up any WiFi. With hindsight I would have either purchased a data bundle for my own phone, or got a pay as you go sim that includes a good data bundle.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
L222ney
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Is there a lot of availability of Uber drivers so should be easy to get one?
L222ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List