Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 Oct 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pk67
Proud to wear my Ears

Golf

We're heading to Orlando next Friday and thinking of getting a round of golf in with my dad.

We played at Highland Reserve in Nov 2016. We got paired up with another 2-ball and everything seemed really rushed. We did the 18 holes in just over 3 hours.

I am no slouch around the course and hate waiting but this whizzed past and felt we never got the opportunity to enjoy it. I'm not sure if it was the 2-ball (who were locals) we were playing with drove this pace or whether that is the norm.

I'm keen to hear experiences of others to see if this is normal or an exception. Feel it's a waste of £100 in fees and club rental if it was to be the same again.
pk67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I've played at Reunion and Mystic dunes. I would average 3.5-4 hours on those courses.
Certainly some of the locals will play quicker, but I just let them play through.

Ask to not be paired up.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH says 3.5 hours is around normal for him on Southern Dunes Highland Reserve etc
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Personally never been around that quickly in the 20 plus rounds I've played in Florida which has included fairly empty courses following early morning tee offs when we prefer to play.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

We have played a lot of golf in Florida and we have never been rushed by the locals, they are usually really slow. We would be really pleased with a 3 hour round, more time in the parks then.
If you are only going to play once and want to take your time, I would suggest to play in the afternoon and request to go out as a 2 ball. It is usually a lot quieter in the afternoon, we always play then, but we like to play quick and find you can get round a lot quicker in the afternoon.
If you have people rushing up behind you, just let them through. I must admit I love it when there's no one in front and no one behind, you can just play at your own pace. Ring the course on the day and ask for the quietest time.

Edited at 01:12 PM.
Helen J is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pk67
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't sure if it was an option to request not to be paired up. I did wonder if a factor was the time we tee'd off at (8:30am) meaning that they were trying to avoid delays.

It was our first ever round that time so we went with the flow.

Bit wiser now!
pk67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I have declined pairing up in the past.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi your lucky we generally have to get through groups that are far to slow, these groups take 4 plus hour which is rediculous when you consider everyone is on buggies. For good courses have a look at southern dunes, celebration, champions gate ,Orange County or our favourite grand cypress which has 3 nines and another 18 holes based on british links holes. This is 10 mins from Disney springs and an oasis of calm.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List