Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

If you want to sit together simply pay if you don’t you can not expect to be together if you are well you were lucky !
We have always paid to sit together as a family and it really annoys me when people get split and complain but they never paid for it !
As for people booking window and aisle seats this is very bad I say sit all the excited kids in between them all this would be entertaining 😂😂
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs sun View Post
If you want to sit together simply pay if you don’t you can not expect to be together if you are well you were lucky !
We have always paid to sit together as a family and it really annoys me when people get split and complain but they never paid for it !
As for people booking window and aisle seats this is very bad I say sit all the excited kids in between them all this would be entertaining 😂😂
Again, if it's children they must be sat with at least 1 adult. It's a regulated industry, that's what the regulator says. No one should have to pay for that, you included.
I totally agree though if some adults have to sit separately , then they can't complain, as long as the kids are within 1 row of an adult, and the airline has made genuine attempts to otherwise sit the whole family together- i.e. what the regulator says they should do.
If however the family is complaining because they are trying to sit the kids on their own, you should be mad with the airline, not the family, as it is the airline ignoring it's regulator and putting profit before safety and regulatory compliance.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I have reserved seats when we went in 2016 and reserved seats for this year in 2016 we got asked to move out of our seats which we had paid for and been split up over the plane so that a family with 2 young children could sit together but I payes for the seats and refuse to move im not gonna get split up because people dont want to pay the extra I dont think that should be allowed they should do the same rules as ryanair if you have children under 12 then you havr to book seats that would make sure there is less problems. I was told i was been selfish by the stewardess and the family but like i said to them we payed to sit together if they wanted to fly together they should have payed for the seats not my problem, i wasnt the only one a few people in rows infront and behind me refused aswell i think some people moved and they got 2 seats and 1 across the ile but they still complained as they walkes past us to get off the plane saying that they hope we had a good flight as it wasnt easy to have kids so young and split up and it was unfair that we didnt move. I shrugged it off and when i got homs put a complaint in about the comment the stewardess made got a letter of apology. Moral of the story you want to sit together book it dont risk it
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
I have reserved seats when we went in 2016 and reserved seats for this year in 2016 we got asked to move out of our seats which we had paid for and been split up over the plane so that a family with 2 young children could sit together but I payes for the seats and refuse to move im not gonna get split up because people dont want to pay the extra I dont think that should be allowed they should do the same rules as ryanair if you have children under 12 then you havr to book seats that would make sure there is less problems. I was told i was been selfish by the stewardess and the family but like i said to them we payed to sit together if they wanted to fly together they should have payed for the seats not my problem, i wasnt the only one a few people in rows infront and behind me refused aswell i think some people moved and they got 2 seats and 1 across the ile but they still complained as they walkes past us to get off the plane saying that they hope we had a good flight as it wasnt easy to have kids so young and split up and it was unfair that we didnt move. I shrugged it off and when i got homs put a complaint in about the comment the stewardess made got a letter of apology. Moral of the story you want to sit together book it dont risk it
I just about got through that post! It’s fairly difficult to read.

So basically you in the force to pay category for parents who can’t be separated from their child? They should be pressured to pay? Good for you and capitalism. I dispair with people some times. We’ve gone to the dogs.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Ryanair have a policy where kids under 12 are free only the aldults pay which tbh is not bad they would be paying less that we pay with kids over 12
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
Ryanair have a policy where kids under 12 are free only the aldults pay which tbh is not bad they would be paying less that we pay with kids over 12
Love it. They’ve figured out how to make you pay for a CAA rule. Only Ryanair.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah but it works well at least people with young kids get to sit completely togetger not across isle or row infront which is in the ruling they dont have to be next to you and people kick off because they havent got a row for themselves to sit with there kids why shoukd people who pay give up there seats?
Old 23 Jan 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If I have chosen to pay extra to prereserve seats for my own reasons I certainly wouldn't move to accomadate people who had made a choice not to pay and take their chances at check in. Whether these are big people or little people is irrelevant.

I don't expect to pay the babysitting costs if I am going out to dinner with a couple who happen to have young children . I'd expect them to make provision for their own children's well being, just as I did as a Mum.
If the couple at dinner can't afford a babysitter as well as a meal , would they expect me to pay for them too ?
Bottom line is kids cost extra, whether that is nappies, a house with more bedrooms , childcare or airline seats. Whilst I'm happy my taxes continue to pay for education , I'm not happy to subsidise luxury holidays. If you can't afford the costs associated with that type of holiday for your children , maybe choose a different holiday or go later having saved longer. Or gamble ... but don't expect others to pick up the pieces if that gamble doesn't come off .
As parents we choose to have kids but that means we also have the responsibility to pay for them and their specific child based needs. Why is this unreasonable?

Edited at 09:01 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
I just about got through that post! It’s fairly difficult to read.

So basically you in the force to pay category for parents who can’t be separated from their child? They should be pressured to pay? Good for you and capitalism. I dispair with people some times. We’ve gone to the dogs.
The irony of complaining about capitalism on a site devoted to the biggest Capitalist mouse in the world !

Come the revolution brother Disney holidays for all or none !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

we have paid £105 for three seats in the Bubble, row 80 i believe it is! Mainly decided to do this so that we don't have anyone sat with us and its just me my husband and our little boy in the middle.

Didnt want to risk getting there and no offence but i wouldn't move for someone else x

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List