Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Feb 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile First trip - help!

Hello - we have our first family trip next August when I know it's going to super busy. My kids are young so we plan to leave the parks in the early afternoon each day so I'm figuring out the best option for MK. So can anyone advise which is better: Go to MK on EMH day and try and ride 7DMT and Peter Pan before 10am. Or should we go on a non EMH day with a breakfast reservation at BOG and try and do 7DMT and Peter Pan before 10? Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

this is something i am interested in knowing as well - as we are doing our first family trip with our 3 year old

Thanks,
x

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Personally I would say that 7DMT should be one of your top picks for a fastpass rather than trying to ride it on standby. It will have one of the longest queues in the park for virtually the whole day. Getting a fastpass for this and queuing for other things would make more sense to me regardless of when you try to ride it.

The other thing I would say - and not everyone will agree with this but it is our experience in August when we have been a lot - is that we do not use EMH. We just find that the EMH park is so busy right from when you are at the resort bus stop, that it negates any advantage with being in the park early.
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
We like to fastpass Seven Dwarfs just because that's one of the rides that everyone practically runs to get on at EMH / park opening and I don't do speed walking in the Florida heat

EMH are great to get some rides done before it gets super busy ... but you need to be there at least 30 mins before the park opening time to make the most of it as it takes a while to go through bag check etc.
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

My plan is to skip EMH days due to them being more busy later on and doing 8am BOG reservations to ride mine train first thing.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
rach&dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Its more tricky now they have moved rope drop to thr castle
When it was at the train station and park opened ypu could peg it ip main street past the folks taking it all in etc and jump on a few kiddie rides before the crowds reached fantasyland and then juno on 7dmt on a 10am fasspass.

Same with bog breakfast, the crowds will be at the castle at 9am and you dont want to rush breakfast at bog and rush to 7dmt it will be a big stand by queue i woukd have thought.

Id say do the emh for kiddie rides like dumbo and little mermaid, get a fasspass for 7dmt 9-10am, cos you can jump on a few more kiddie rides if the queues arent bad and winnie the pooh is just across from it :-) and get fasspass for 10am for peterpan. Just how we've done it previously
Enjoy :-)

Edited at 12:14 AM.
rach&dan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

We no longer do EMH as we feel the parks are just so busy on them days, I would look at the busy day guides and work out the slightly quieter days for each park.
7DMT gets long queues as does Peter Pan, Sometimes peter Pan can have the longest wait times in the park, 7DMT and Peter pan ride are not to far in distance from each other, So as fast passes cannot over lap, I would book Peter Pan for say 9.15, Book 7DMT for say 10.30, Ride Peter Pan, Then do a few of the other rides in fantasyland, Ride 7DMT, at 10.30, Have a walk through to Tomorrowland on the way ride Its a small world, Usually a short wait that time of morning and have a FP for Buzz Light year for 11.30, Then once you have ridden Buzz, Book another 3 FP, For later in the day for once you have have had a rest at resort. If going back to MK that day, I would book Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain if your children are tall enough to ride. I hope this helps.
Old 11 Feb 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
My plan is to skip EMH days due to them being more busy later on and doing 8am BOG reservations to ride mine train first thing.
What dies BOG stand for please x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

BOG is Be Our Guest restaurant
I'd fast pass 7DMT for late morning but go for rope drop/EMH for Peter Pan, pooh bear, Dumbo and Barnstormer.
Don't miss the shadow play on the Pete pan wait line and theres lots to do in the Pooh bear wait line
Have fun
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Last August we did a 8.05am Be Our Guest breakfast and without rushing we were finished by 8.45am. We managed to ride Seven dwarfs and hopped into Peter pan flight just as the crowds started to appear at 9am. Well worth it! We also had fast passes for both rides later in the holiday so I agree try and get fast passes for them incase all doesn't go to plan!
wheety1621 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List