Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 8 Oct 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

Alternative Florida locations

So i wasnt going to go again next year but i accidentally stumbled upon flights for mid August, 2 weeks with BA for £1600 how could i not?!?!?!

So,looking to change things up a bit. we are 2 adults, 2 pre teens and we have done all the parks to death.

I was thinking of maybe a week in Orlando/Kissimee area in a villa community and then a week with a beach. So where to go ?!?!

We need a villa for both. Hotels wont suit us so a minimum of 2 bed leads us to villa/condo territory but which beach area with things to do?

Daytona, Clearwater (from a 2 day trip on a previous visit i dont know that there is accommodation close enough by. Or somewhere else?
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Shardriver
Trying for More Ears

Clearwater is a popular choice and rightly so but if you don't mind driving a few hours further south I would recommend Naples and the nearby Marco Island. The beaches down there are superb and Naples is a very pretty place, home to Americas billionaires but it also caters very well to those less well off.
Shardriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

If you aren't doing the parks why stay in Orlando?
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

There are DIBB villas in Cape Coral and Rotonda West which may be worth considering but even without these villas, the areas alone seem very popular with Dibbers and a great base to explore the gulf coast.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
YorkshireT recommended “naplesvillarentals” website. We booked one on Lely Estate. Paid a bit extra for membership to the players club and spa. It looks lovely. The estate is within 10 mins drive of downtown Naples and 10 mins drive to Marco Island. Can’t wait . Naples is beautiful. We had some fantastic meals of our holiday including Brooke’s burgers (in top 10 burger places in USA). Had a day out in the Everglades.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

I can highly recommend Cape Coral as an excellent area to stay. Plenty to do to keep the family happy and beaches to die for.
Loved this area so much... we are going back in four weeks 😎😎😎
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
If you aren't doing the parks why stay in Orlando?
Why not? Full of things to do without parks
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

Another vote for Clearwater area, spent a few nights at Treasure Island and loved it
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Don't forget about suite hotels which come with two sleeping areas, Homewood, Embassy, Residence Inn etc which may be another solution.

We liked he look of Melbourne Beach/cocoa. As well as the possibly too quiet for you with teens Vero Beach.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

I can recommend the Best Western at New Smyrna Beach, just south of Daytona. Approx hour drive from Orlando. Fab place, really lovely friendly surfer town, lots of nice places to eat and a beach that is huge, and can drive on. Classic car show on the 2nd Saturday of each month. Dunes park and boardwalk with lots of nice views and nature to look out for.

The hotel is great and is right on the beach and also has a small outdoor pool.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List