Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 May 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Food Between Tampa and Orlando

Hi All,

Just after any recommendations as to if there are any decent restaurants between Tampa and Orlando? We land at Tampa at around 4:00pm and will probably be hungry as we don't tend to eat plane food.

We will probably be looking for a fairly cheap, easy access, safe to park (as we will have the cases) don't mind chains.

Thanks in advance...
Old 19 May 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

There's both a Cheesecake Factory and a California Pizza Kitchen near the airport. About 10 minute drive, I think. These are our family favorites. Terrific small plates. Delicious food with lots of variety. We've always had good service.
Old 19 May 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
There's both a Cheesecake Factory and a California Pizza Kitchen near the airport. About 10 minute drive, I think. These are our family favorites. Terrific small plates. Delicious food with lots of variety. We've always had good service.
Cheesecake Factory - well that's that sorted then
Old 19 May 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Sorry to be a killjoy but I just read about a family’s car being broken into with all their cases in the boot. Is it worth the risk? If I were you, I’d just stop at a drive through because I’d be worried. Sorry to put a dampener on your holiday and your plans, but better safe than sorry?

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

At Junction 10 of the I4 you have a choice of a Bob Evans or a Cracker Barrel. Just 2 mins off the I4. If you are lucky, you might get the opportunity to park near a window to keep an eye on the car. Just make sure all cases are in the boot.
Old 19 May 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
Sorry to be a killjoy but I just read about a family’s car being broken into with all their cases in the boot. Is it worth the risk? If I were you, I’d just stop at a drive through because I’d be worried. Sorry to put a dampener on your holiday and your plans, but better safe than sorry?
Where was the car broken in to? Was it at the Cheesecake Factory in Tampa?
Old 19 May 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

I think there are 3 or 4 stake n shakes on the drive up
Old 19 May 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Where was the car broken in to? Was it at the Cheesecake Factory in Tampa?
I can’t remember which restaurant it was, sorry. I know it wasn’t somewhere that is a bit ‘dodgy’ though. Not where you would expect it.

Parking by a window is a good idea though.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
I was just about to say the same thing. We have done the Tampa flight many times and on our way to Orlando we wouldn't ever leave all our cases in the car and go off for a meal, as that is a sure way to have a very miserable holiday.

We have occasionally stopped at a McDonalds drive through off the i4 (you will see the signs). If you really only want a sit down meal then I would do a Dennys, and park where you can permanently keep on eye on your car from your table (we have done this on our way to Tampa when flying home).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggiemae
Apprentice Imagineer

Maggiemae's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
To offer another perspective our last Florida holiday was a road trip staying at 7 different places over the three weeks. On the days we were travelling from one location to another we happily left our luggage in the car parked outside various shops, restaurants, state parks, tourist attractions etc with no problem.

One tip I would suggest if you are concerned is to take a black sheet with you to cover your bags as there is rarely a parcel shelf in a hire car (assuming you have a car without a boot).

But I would happily park at a restaurant en route to Orlando, especially at a Cheescake Factory.
Maggiemae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List