Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 May 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

When kids dont want to come on holiday... wrong!

Just a little story for all those parents who dread the day when kids dont want to come on holiday. Skiing is our holiday and have had many great holidays down through the years.

Last year I was 50, and had wanted one last family ski trip. Famous last words. Had a fabulous trip over Christmas and New Year, joined by partners and friends. Shed a tear when it was all over.

Anyway started planning for next season, two trips planned with no kids, ok with that as us oldies are well able to have a great time. All kids had such a great time last year, they are all coming in February, no problem still have a week over New Year, nope 😂 Oldest lads Fiancee is going to Boston with her family for their last family trip, so he is coming skiing with us, then youngest lad decides he will come because he wont have to 3rd wheel with the oldies 😎. Dont get me wrong I love it.

We have decided on a week in Lanzarote early June next year and keeping it a secret so we can get away on our own. 😂😂

So dont be too disheartened when in their late teens the kids dont want to come, enjoy those trips because they will be back with partners in tow and hopefully someday grandkids.

Edited at 09:50 AM.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Aww thats great. My eldest is coming to an age where I think it wont be long before hes wanting to be off doing his own thing. Im consoling myself with how much Ill be able to myself with the money I save by him not coming. Sounds like Id best make the most of it though when it happens! ☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
So true. My Son is 30 and he and his Partner are coming with us November 2020!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Im 25 and youve just described me 😃

Late teens I didnt want to go as all I wanted was an empty house! The last few years Ive been to France with mum and dad and had a great time, last year my fianc came and we all had a blast.

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

Instead of them not coming, we have inherited the boyfriend, girlfriends and more friends.
They are ds 26, dd 24.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
On our last skiing trip to Whistler in 2018, we were joined at the last minute by DS28 and DS30. We also travel with friends whose DDs were 3 and 7 and believe it or not the 4 'kid's are thick as thieves. We had a great time with fantastic memories. Elder DS is married now and DDIL is a teacher in state school so only gets 3 days in Feb. I guess we won't be seeing them on holiday with us much more, until they need us for babysitting 😉

Have to say I subbed the boys for their flights and hotel (BA sale) because we really do value the family time. Both boys have lived away from home for several years.

Edited at 10:27 AM.
Disney_time is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Shopperholic
Trainee Dibber

Even better, sometimes you get really lucky and they pay to take you on a short trip. Just been told that dd's are taking me to Lisbon in early autumn for a girls only trip.
Shopperholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

Mine have never stopped wanting to holiday with us. Particularly a Florida villa when we seem to book one and they tag on. This year DD is coming to Mexico with us, in fact she suggested it as its her first Christmas off in 10 of working for the NHS. She is also driving up to Manchester to fly with us, might be something to do with us flying pr3mium so we will also pay for her upgrade.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shopperholic View Post
Even better, sometimes you get really lucky and they pay to take you on a short trip. Just been told that dd's are taking me to Lisbon in early autumn for a girls only trip.
If fairness to my crew they are all paying for their trips this year, will contribute to the two younger ones as they are still students
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

We had a 23 night trip to Orlando 10 years ago as we knew it would be our last family holiday so wanted to make sure we did everything on that holiday - it cost us a fortune. There has only been one year since that eldest DS hasnt been with us - youngest has come with us every time including twice with GF.

Looking forward to our next one in 8 weeks time 😀
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List