Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jun 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LexiBantam
Excited about Disney

Mobile 10 weeks today - can I lose 1 Stone?

So we will leave the house 10 weeks today and I want to lose at least a stone. In the past I’ve done slimming world and always been successful, but the last couple of years I’ve not found it as easy to stick to.
Today I’ve been to Iceland and bought some of the sw meals so I won’t “fall off the wagon” when I don’t have time to cook, and I’ve done a 2.8 mile walk on my treadmill.
No reason for this post other than set down in text my aim for the next 10 weeks!
Any tips / inspiration would be greatly appreciated! Xx
LexiBantam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Use MyFitnessPal and eat 1200 calories a day and you will easily lose a stone.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I leave in 9 weeks 4 days - so just a few days before you.

Like you, I have done SW n the past but I find it too easy to ‘cheat’ now that I’ve don’t it so any times. I’m also struggling since I reached another age milestone. I started using My a Fitness Pal again in April and lost 10lbs. I’ve stuck at the same weight for the last month and was going to kick start myself again tomorrow for the last 9/10 weeks.

I used to walk 5 miles every morning (either treadmill or outside) but haven’t been able to get back into it this year. I also have an exercise bike that I’m ashamed to say I haven’t used yet.

I am starting tomorrow again with my diet and will start walking soon once my son finishes college (I have to take him every morning and it’s a 90 minute round trip, using my ‘walk time’). He has 3 weeks maximum left.

Maybe we can do it together virtually and ‘check in’ to motivate each other?
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lell View Post
Use MyFitnessPal and eat 1200 calories a day and you will easily lose a stone.
I don’t know about ‘easily’. I’ve been doing MFP and whilst I’ve lost most weeks, I don’t think I’ll easily lose a stone in the next 10. I suppose it depends how long you’ve been losing already and much you have to lose though?
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Think about how it will feel to be 14 lbs lighter, how will you benefit - better sleep? More energy? Physically filter? Clothes looking better?
Really focus on why you want it. Write it down. Write down what a 2lb loss will feel like this week? Will you then feel a further 12lb is achievable?

Again visual it, write it down.

I did this back in September following a course at work. Think we called it 'widely important goal' or other corporate b.s. but it worked for me. I lost my first stone in 6 weeks.

If it matters to you you can do it.

Edit to add: every time you want to cheat ask yourself which you want more, a weight loss this week of whatever you're about to put in your mouth.

Edited at 09:12 PM.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Are you doing any regular exercise to go along with the healthy eating ?

I know you said you’d done your treadmill walk but is this a one off ?

I firmly believe (personal experience) that if you think of it as just ‘dieting’ then you’re likely to fail. If you see it as a lifestyle change, eating/alcohol/exercise then you’ll shed the weight without issue and keep it off.

Good luck & keep us all updated.
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think this is achievable as I've done it myself by following Slimming World.
I always cook enough for 2 meals and freeze the leftovers so I've got something to grab if I'm short of time.
I've also got quite a few slimming world cook books and there's loads of tasty meals to make, a good one is the Take 5 book.
Every recipe is just 5 ingredients and mostly really quick to make.
The Pinch of Nom is also another good recipe book I use this a lot.
Good luck with your weight loss.
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I want to lose a stone and go away in 12 weeks, I’ve only managed 4lbs so far in a month. I can’t look at a cake or anything sweet and my weight goes up, going to really try now. There’s loads of birthdays and food and cakes, mil birthday today and I wouldnt have any cake but had strawberries with a dash of cream!
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I am sending some very special powers your way, so you will lose it. Remember that you are the starlight, you have the power within you, you can achieve anything.

I hope that helps
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I am sending some very special powers your way, so you will lose it. Remember that you are the starlight, you have the power within you, you can achieve anything.

I hope that helps
Is this also aimed at me my dd is 16 and has put on some weight she said she wants a gastric band for her 17th birthday. Treadmill everyday from now on apart from today cos it’s my mil birthday!