Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jun 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

We also went to Costco for my daughters, think they were around £25-£30 and she gets on really well with them.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Dh needed new prescription goggles for holidays last year and went to boots who quoted a minimum of £75 and spec savers who no longer did them so after looking on line we found goggle eyed a small company who charged something like £18. He didn’t think they would be any use but he said they were far superior in terms of comfort and ability to see than the ones he had previously from his usual optician which cost him £40 around 2005. The service was quick and I think I emailed some questions and they replied very promptly.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DS has prescription of -8 and we've just ordered his from vision express, they were around £22
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Our son has -5 and we got some from Costco. He doesn't like them and said they make him feel dizzy. I'd like to get a snorkel mask before our next holiday if anyone can recommend a good supplier for these or do the above all do snorkel masks too? Thanks.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
We have used these people on numerous occasions:

prescription-swimming-gog...r-opt9000.html
I would defiantly recommend this website, I bought a pair of prescription goggles prior to our 2017 Florida trip. Sent them a copy of my prescription and received the goggles a few days later.
Made such a difference being able to do waterparks with them on rather than relying on sunglasses (especially after my prescription sunglasses fell off on a slide in 2014 and in the Typhoon Lagoon wave pool in 2016).

I got a pair intended for outside swimming which had a sunglasses style mirrored lens. Not perfect in the Florida sun, but a lot better than nothing.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Dd got her recent pair from
Asda opticians mainly because she got her new glasses and sunglasses from there. They were £20.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
arabella
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
We have used these people on numerous occasions:

prescription-swimming-gog...r-opt9000.html

This basic goggle suits my active boys just fine. My oldest is -4 so really struggles without them. The one thing I would say, is that if your son has an astigmatism, the the goggles won’t correct this. Our optician jiggled around with his prescription to suggest the best combination for him. He gets new glasses every 6 months or so, so these are cheap enough to upgrade as well.
thank you for this information, i have ordered my first pair of prescription googles from this site, very good price

2020, couldn't go to go Endless Summer, Universal
arabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

DH got some really cheap on Ebay a few years ago - he is blind as a bat and these cost under £10. He loves them, wears them in the pool and in the sea, have lasted well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List