Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jan 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Disney Tokyo help

We are going to be staying at Hilton Tokyo bay for 3 nights before a cruise to do just Disney and Disney Sea, can I have some Dibbers advise please
1- What sort of pass do I get and how, I had also heard we could get a pass for evening of our arrival at a reasonable rate, is this correct.
2- I notice we pay to use Monorail should we purchase some kind of card to do this, and again how.
3- what do you think are the must do things to do, see and eat.

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

1) we bought our tickets online via the main jp website beforehand. It was just as cheap for us. It worked out cheaper to buy a 4 day pass than a 3 + twilight for us. Yes a twilight pass exists and is cheaper but not enormously cheaper than a multi day one. You can buy from kiosks on the day. You MUST declare which parks to use on your purchase and cannot park hop on first two days. This also made our mind up for multiday pass as our third and 4th day were 'any park' days. You can exit and readmit to the same park but muat get your hand stamped on way out.

2)yes. We got our ticket from the machines in bayside station. They are in english but only accepted cash. We bought a 4 day multi use ticket again it was cheaper. You can buy 3 day passes too. I advise using the monorail. This also means you can nap during day if jetlagged and go back in park.

3) for 3 days i would spend 2 in disneysea. Make sure you use the lottery for the shows. Get there for opening time and get toy story or journey to center of the earth FPs as they run out quick. Try the different popcorns, they taste better than they sound. Dont be afraid of dressing up, the locals do. Food queues are longer than ride queues in the park sometimes, get food from ikspiari shop and picnic, lots of ready meal options from shop in downstairs food court shop.

Edited at 07:10 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi I stayed at Hilton Tokyo Bay in summer 2018 and bought twilight passes directly from the hotel. I cannot remember how much we paid, sorry They only accepted cash. It was a kiosk in the lobby. I honestly cannot remember how we paid for the monorail either, but once you know your way after arrival you can easily walk back and forth to and from the parks to the hotel. It’s right across the road.

With regards to what to see and do I totally agree with KK20. I must stress we got the twilight tickets as we were not prepared to queue for ages, so was hoping the crowds would have died down by the time we got in, which they had, but NOT for journey to the centre of the earth. Brilliant ride. We had a wonderful time at Disneysea. We didn’t do Disneyland though as we specifically only wanted to do Disneysea . You will have a wonderful time, nothing can prepare you for it
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List