Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Mar 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Yes, $100 is about right for the US web-site, not sure with UK pricing.

Disney's US rack rate varies between 1st Sept through to 5th Dec and has 6-different rates.

Here's an example for dates between 12th Oct - 29th Oct which is classed as Fall rate 2 at Disney’s Yacht Club.

Standard View
$568 p/n between Sundays – Wednesdays,
$591 p/n on Thursdays
$657 p/n on Fridays & Saturdays

Water View
$684 p/n between Sundays – Wednesdays,
$702 p/n on Thursdays
$753 p/n on Fridays & Saturdays
Very interesting, thank you. I think we will likely be going mid to end September so hopefully the rates are a little cheaper then!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

I am paying £390 per night for a Yacht Club garden view room this Spring.

When booking last May I couldn't find 14 consecutive nights, so booked 10. The extra days haven't become available but that doesn't bother us as we planned a split stay anyway.

I have just searched and found both Garden and water view available for 7 nights from 14th Sept 21.

Water view works out at £528 per night.

Garden view works out at £464 per night.

In my experience, standard rooms are only £5 - £10 per night more than garden view.

Hope that helps with prices!
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Very interesting, thank you. I think we will likely be going mid to end September so hopefully the rates are a little cheaper then!
Don't forget those prices are for the US Disney site though - the UK site doesn't have the same sort of seasonal pricing. Its the same with park tickets.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone Got some decision making to do!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are paying £410 per night for a garden view room in the Beach Club end of June/start of July.

The Yacht Club should be about the same price, we did want the Yacht Club for the reasons you stated, eg full balcony, but it wasn’t available for our dates unfortunately.

Hopefully September will be slightly cheaper than that.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nemesis
Gone all Goofy

Last week we booked YC water view as these were the only ones available to us. I now see that they have added standard rooms at a rate approx £70 per night cheaper. We were considering changing rooms but appreciate we may lose our deposit or pay an amendment fee. We would love a water view but in all honesty we would probably not use it.
But then another dilemma popped up today...Beach Club released standard rooms for our dates in Sept 2021. We have stayed there before and loved it, but the latest reviews appear to suggest that its in need of a refurb and also that the service has dropped off. Decisions decisions decisions!
Nemesis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

I have booked Garden or Woods View at YC for 11 nights over Christmas and it was a pretty eye watering £6570. The upgrade to Water View was at least another £600.

I reasoned that a) this is instead of our much more expensive cancelled California road trip this summer, and b) we have stayed at the Yacht Club twice before and it’s by far our favourite Disney World hotel especially with the lovely new rooms and excellent location. We’re happy to pay a bit more for YC over somewhere like AKL or The Boardwalk.

Regarding the upgrade, the first time we stayed there I paid for the Water View (was supposed to be a once in a lifetime trip ). On our second visit in 2018 we were upgraded at check-in from the Garden / Woods View I had paid for to a beautiful Water View room (better than the one I had paid for on our previous visit). So you never know, you could just be lucky with a very lovely CM like we were. She didn’t even tell us she had done it so we didn’t know until we walked in and saw the gorgeous view. Obviously I’m not expecting that to happen again especially at Christmas but the hotel is still beautiful, Water View room or not .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you are booking the YC because you want to enjoy the Balcony I would definitely upgrade to a garden/woods view, I can think of nothing worse than sitting on a Balcony looking at rooftops and AC Units. Ive not stayed at YC but did stay at BC and was upgraded from a std to a garden view with balcony it only really got used with my morning cup of tea as we were out the rest of the time or sleeping
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by baggies View Post
If you are booking the YC because you want to enjoy the Balcony I would definitely upgrade to a garden/woods view, I can think of nothing worse than sitting on a Balcony looking at rooftops and AC Units. Ive not stayed at YC but did stay at BC and was upgraded from a std to a garden view with balcony it only really got used with my morning cup of tea as we were out the rest of the time or sleeping
When I booked a couple of weeks ago for Christmas, Disney’s website only offered me Garden/ Woods view or Water View. I forgot there even was a third option 😊.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lisad View Post
I am paying £390 per night for a Yacht Club garden view room this Spring.

When booking last May I couldn't find 14 consecutive nights, so booked 10. The extra days haven't become available but that doesn't bother us as we planned a split stay anyway.

I have just searched and found both Garden and water view available for 7 nights from 14th Sept 21.

Water view works out at £528 per night.

Garden view works out at £464 per night.

In my experience, standard rooms are only £5 - £10 per night more than garden view.

Hope that helps with prices!
Can I ask, do those prices include any offers like free dining?

The reason I ask is that a DVC Beach Club studio for those 7-nights from 14th Sept would cost around £1,672 ($2,033) for the week though a rental agent or less if renting from a Dibb DVC member.

That's equivalent to a maximum of £239 per night, so saving over £225 per night and enough to pay for the standard Disney dining plan for 3-adults and a child.

Whereas a 1-bed DVC villa would cost around £3,077,($3,743), so £439 per night max.

Obviously there's no offers when renting a Disney Vacation Club room but the 1-bed which includes a full kitchen and washing machine would be so much better than a garden view hotel room at the Yacht Club without offers.

You can check out the studio's and 1-beds by clicking on the View Floor Plans link at disneyvacationclub.disney.go.../points-rooms/

Also worth checking the 1-bed standard view at the Boardwalk which through an agent would cost today £2,405 ($2,926), so just £344 per night and saving £120 over a Yacht Club Garden view room and still enough to pay for 2-adult dining plans.

disneyvacationclub.disney.go.../points-rooms/
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List