Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 May 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Yes and I read in another thread on here that Orange County are letting Disney and Universal basically manage this themselves within these guidelines, stating that they know their businesses.
Yes their system is a bit confusing, Federal-State-County, all having a say and influence.

The State guidelines are probably the most relevant, and reads to me like we get a relatively normal Theme Park experience by the time we are allowed back.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Social distancing and sanitary protocols being followed in a theme park, even at reduced capacity. I'm trying to understand how this could possibly work.
How would food service work? Restrooms? Handrails? Lines for rides?
Without fairly strict protocols, how does Disney mitigate the possibility of becoming a teeming petrie dish?
I want them to succeed in this, but it boggles the mind a bit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

They will do what they do now to limit entry to the parks. When they have decided that the number of visitors has reached capacity for safety purposes in any park they will stop anybody else entering which is what they do at Christmas. It won't matter if you are on site, a Florida resident or have any other kind of pass, when its full its full.
Old 24 May 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
They will do what they do now to limit entry to the parks. When they have decided that the number of visitors has reached capacity for safety purposes in any park they will stop anybody else entering which is what they do at Christmas. It won't matter if you are on site, a Florida resident or have any other kind of pass, when its full its full.
Before Covid-19 closure they had a phased capacity system in place for busy periods beginning with first refusing entry to one day ticket holders, as detailed here 😊:

wdwmagic/park-closing-phases.htm
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

At Shanghai you need to apply the day before for a barcode. Irrelevant of what pass you have. You need this before park entry. A little like a lottery. But it seems to be working.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
At Shanghai you need to apply the day before for a barcode. Irrelevant of what pass you have. You need this before park entry. A little like a lottery. But it seems to be working.
This seems like a good plan but I would be annoyed not to get in after I have paid for 2 rooms at PBH. Might be worth looking at cancelling that night?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Onsite visitors only I reckon with then pre booked visitors off site after.

If people can go and capacity is limited long term, could make a DVC contract more valuable OP. Rental rates could rise also for DVC bookings.
Old 27 May 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What do you think they will do with transportation to the parks?
Will they lift the parking fees to encourage people to use there own cars ?
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List