Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 26 May 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Alternatives to uk 14 day ultimate

I guess WDW know this is the case...

UK 14 day £399.

IF we end up going this year we were considering maybe visiting WDW a little less than usual (we go every year).

Trouble is looking at the pricing, it seems pretty pointless to but the standard tickets. Even non park hopping its about $100 per day so it'd only be saving if we got less than 5 days I think.

Not sure I want to spend £400 each and only go 5-6 times...

Any other ideas?
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
There are two types of tickets - the UK tickets (7 day, 14 day, 21 day) or the USA tickets (1 to 10 days).

The UK 7 day ticket is usually the same price as the 14 day ticket so no savings there.

You can get a 5 day or 8 day (or any number of days between 1 and 10) American ticket. However, you'll probably find that after about 4 days it doesn't work out much cheaper than the UK 14 day ticket. The UK tickets are actually well priced.

See UndercoverTourist for a list of American Disney tickets.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

UK tickets also enjoy free memory maker. You'd need to add $169 to US tickets for this feature, if you care about that.

also, please condiser that US tickets have limited validity periods.

the US tickets have to be used in a period that's 3 days over their length
so, for example, if you get a 4 days US ticket, you have 7 days to use that ticket (8 if you get the waterparks option)

so, depending on your length of stay, and taking into account you said you visited often, you may not want to rush all 4 days of entry over a 7 days period

if you want to spread your visits over a 14 days period, even if you only visit 4 times, your only choice is UK tickets I'm afraid

Edited at 09:17 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
UK tickets also enjoy free memory maker. You'd need to add $169 to US tickets for this feature, if you care about that.

also, please condiser that US tickets have limited validity periods.

the US tickets have to be used in a period that's 3 days over their length
so, for example, if you get a 4 days US ticket, you have 7 days to use that ticket (8 if you get the waterparks option)

so, depending on your length of stay, and taking into account you said you visited often, you may not want to rush all 4 days of entry over a 7 days period

if you want to spread your visits over a 14 days period, even if you only visit 4 times, your only choice is UK tickets I'm afraid
There are two exceptions to that:
1. if you are staying in a Disney resort the tickets will be valid for your length of stay; and
2. the flexible date tickets still have the old "use within 14 days of first use" rule, but they are very expensive.

I'm not sure they still do this but last year they had cheaper tickets that were only valid after 12:00. That could be an option, as well.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I wonder if WDW might bring back the (cant remember what is was called) ticket that you can only use from mid-day onwards. I believe it was marginally cheaper than the 14 day.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Why did I read this and my eyes read
14 day quarantine? 😂😂
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I maybe should've pointed the OP to the DIBB's Guidebook, and it's pages on the various Disney tickets -

American Magic Your Way tickets: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Dis...ets-p-364.html

UK Ultimate tickets: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Dis...ket-p-210.html

Disney ticket prices (a bit out of date): https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Wal...ces-p-858.html

Please note that some of the information may be out of date. For example, some of the tickets listed on the Magic Your Way page aren't available right now.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
There are two types of tickets - the UK tickets (7 day, 14 day, 21 day) or the USA tickets (1 to 10 days).

The UK 7 day ticket is usually the same price as the 14 day ticket so no savings there.

You can get a 5 day or 8 day (or any number of days between 1 and 10) American ticket. However, you'll probably find that after about 4 days it doesn't work out much cheaper than the UK 14 day ticket. The UK tickets are actually well priced.

See UndercoverTourist for a list of American Disney tickets.
Yes so it appears... Not really worth getting a USA type ticket because you save very little it seems.
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

and of course who knows what will happen now with the opening dates? Ticket sales suspended - might they even stop selling the uk one?

Leave me a bit high and dry as an AP holder when rest of family aren't. We get one AP (for free parking etc) then usually uk ticket.
Old 28 May 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by paulfoel View Post
Yes so it appears... Not really worth getting a USA type ticket because you save very little it seems.
Yes. Or to put it another way, the UK tickets are a good deal in comparison.

And, as you say, the US ticket sales have now been suspended. Who knows how long that will last!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~