Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
Mobile 4 become 2 Nov 8th to 12th LIVE

Travel Day

Left home at 7.30am to drop ds off at his brothers. Took our granddaughter to school, quick stop to pay money into the bank and pick sandwiches up from Asda for the flight. On the road to Gatwick at 9.30am.
Got to Purple Parking at 10.30am and straight onto a waiting shuttle bus

Got to Norwegian check in at 11.15am, they were checking in 3 us flights.
Through security in under 10 mins and into the My Lounge at 12.15pm

Food and drinks were had. First cocktail of the holiday was had from the self service bar

Chilled out for a bit. Now just going down at the gate at 2pm. Flight due to leave at 2.55pm
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile Travel Day part two

So flight took off and landed on time. Ben decided he needed to get one of the Norwegian beers they sold onboard

We ate our Asda sandwiches, watched some films and had a power nap. Pretty uneventful flight really.
We were the only flight going through immigration and it moved pretty quick about 20 mins. We trundled off across MCO to find the Magical Express. Check in here was quick and easy and we had about a 10 minute wait for the coach. As the doors opened you felt the heat and heard the rain. Welcome to a soggy Florida lol
Got to All Stars Music at about 9.30pm, we had been given a room I had requested, top floor in Country Fair. We said we didn’t need housekeeping so got refunded $30 on to a gift card that was sent by email in about 10 mins. After dropping the bags in the room, Ben decided he needed a pint and some food, so we jumped on a bus to Disney Springs. First stop was Raglan Road, it was just gone 11pm and I got him his pint lol, in fact I joined him, so two pints of Harp were ordered. It was my first time going into Raglan Road after it being on my list for a long time. We both loved it, Ben said it reminded him of the Irish bar in Stockholm where he used to live.
Because of the lateness of the hour, food options were limited but Chicken Guy was open so we jumped in there. We both ordered 5 chicken tenders and a fountain drink to share. I got the buttermilk ranch and sweet and sour dips. Ben got the garlic and Parmesan and habanero sauce

Both feeling better with food in our belly’s it was back to the room to get some sleep as we were both starting to feel it. We got back into the room at about 1am and fell asleep quite quickly.
Tomorrow is DHS and Epcot
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile Day 1 - DHS and Epcot

The day began early for me, I was up at 4.30am. I pottered around the room using the torch off my phone so as not to wake Ben. I decided to go for a walk around the resort. It was so peaceful and beautiful even in the rain

I sat and typed up both trip and food report and was biding the time until I could go on the great coffee hunt. At 6.30am I did just that, walked over to the food court and brought our refillable cups, filled them with coffee and walked back to the room. Even though we are in the blocks furthest from Melody Hall it’s still only a 5 min walk, which is great.
Ben woke up just as I got back. So coffees and showers, then dressed and down to the bus stop.
This is day was the day I had sold the trip to Ben with, Star Wars and Food and Wine Festival.
Arrived at DHS and were quickly through security and into the park, we had decided to get some brekkie in the park and that place was Galaxys Edge. On the way round we noticed that Star Tours was a 5 min wait, well it would be rude not too lol.

We then walked round to Galaxy’s Edge. It really does take you to another planet. We were both gobsmacked and Ben actually had tears in his eyes. I lost him as he was too busy taking photos (normally that’s my job). We slowly worked our way round to the Falcon, in Bens words ‘I’ve waited 40 years to see this’

We then decided to get some food and went for the Ronto Wrap to share. We had a FastPass for RnR so walked across the park to ride that. This is one of our favourite rides in DLP and we will really miss it, so good to ride it here when we can.
Back to GE and rode Smugglers Run. We were both Engineers on this flight. We loved it. I think the best way to describe it is a mix of Star Tours and Mission Space, but the theming of the pre show is brilliant.

I’d managed to get an ADR for midday at Ogas Cantina and promised Ben he could have the Rancor Beer Flight, again I had one very happy partner.

We were lucky to be sat in a booth and can totally understand why they’ve put a 45min maximum time on it, as I know us and our friends could spend a few hours in there just soaking up the theming and people watching.
After another walk round and more pictures being taken by Ben, we went round to the Indiana Jones stunt show. Now Indy was Bens childhood hero, he went to a wedding dressed as Indy when he was about 8, so this one was for him lol.
After a stop at Starbucks for a refresher and cupcake for later, we decided to head over to Epcot. The plan had been to take the Skyliner but the queue was very very very long, so decided on the boat. This way Ben got to see more resorts too 😊

This evening was purely about the Food & Wine Festival. We brought a wristband gift card and loaded that with money for food. The $30 email gift card was for drink. Now this worked really well for us and meant we could keep track of spending. I will do a more in-depth report on Food & wine in my food report but we mainly stuck to what seem to be Dibb favourites. By 8.30, we were both starting to feel tired so decided to head back to the resort.
Back at the resort we stopped at the pool bar for one more drink, and Ben went back to the room to get our refill mugs. With coffee and a cupcake in hand we went back to the room to collapse into bed.
Tomorrow is mini golf, Target and a resort crawl
Old 11 Nov 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad you were both blown away by galaxies edge. My DH is a similar age to Ben I think and star wars was the first movie he saw in a cinema and so I cannot wait until he gets to see the falcon up close. What a great day!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm glad you were both blown away by galaxies edge. My DH is a similar age to Ben I think and star wars was the first movie he saw in a cinema and so I cannot wait until he gets to see the falcon up close. What a great day!
It is totally amazing and to sit in the cockpit of the Falcon is unbelievable. We did it at Madam Tussauds a few years ago with Ben making the noises but to actually go to hyperspace caused all 6 grown adults to cheer lol
Old 20 Nov 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Day Two - Walmart, Mini Golf and Red Lobster

Today was a no park today, I woke up early again and went on a coffee hunt, taking some pictures of the resort on the way.

We went down to the food court for breakfast, I was really impressed by this and was totally beaten by the pancakes.

We decided to walk over to All Star Sports for a look round I loved how close all the All Star resorts are and the theming is great

We called a Lyft and went to Walmart, originally it was meant to be just for water, butterfingers and cherry twizzlers but Ben decided he needed some shorts too I also picked up a few extra bits including a 5 pack of NBC trainer socks for $6. We got a Lyft back to the resort, I was seriously flagging so had a rest for an hour, Ben went to the pool bar for a beer When he came back he said that he'd had a discussion about the differences of rugby and American football with another guest.

Ben got changed into his new shorts and we went out for our game of mini golf. We had wanted to do Winter Wonderland but as Blizzard Beach was closed, no buses were running there. So we caught the bus to DHS and then the boat to Swan and Dolphin. A quick 5 minute walk and we reached Fantasia gardens. We had been given vouchers for a free game each on check in, so this was really why we did this. I was so glad we did, the course is 18 holes and all ages were playing.

I would highly recommend this as an activity to do on a non park day, really relaxing and slow paced, a very chilled hour or so.
We walked back to the Swan and caught a bus to Disney Springs, we then walked the half hour to the Red Lobster at Crossroads.
This was both our first time at Red Lobster and thoroughly enjoyed it.
After dinner we walked back to Disney Springs and had a look round the shops.
Ben enjoyed the Star Wars Trading post

When we went to catch the bus the All Star Music line was really busy, a bus came for All Star Movies and only had about 10 people waiting so we jumped on that.
A pleasant 10 minute walk and we were back in our room.
Old 20 Nov 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Day Three - Resort Hopping and MVMCP

Today was our last full day, so I decided to take Ben resort hopping to see the Gingerbread houses, this evening we had tickets for MVMCP.
This morning we walked through All Star Movies, stopping to take some pics

We caught the bus to MK and caught the boat over to the Poly

After 9 years I finally got my Tonga toast, we had a quick look around the main building and then caught the monorail over to the Grand Floridian
The gingerbread house was up but didn't open for another few days.

We had another walk round the main building, Ben was looking at menus for when we return in 2021. In the lobby, Ben found a table and chairs that fit him perfectly lol

Back on the monorail and over to the Contemporary

Now the one good thing about having to scout out the smoking areas is, is that I'm seeing parts of resorts I've never seen before.
We walked back to MK and caught a boat over to WL

Now this is where Ben fell in love with the Disney onsite hotels, I had to promise that one day we would stay here, he wont here any argument from me on that count. There gingerbread cabin was still under construction

We stopped at Geyser Point and ordered some drinks and just spent some us time, which with us being both self employed and having a teenage son is a rare thing. Just before 4 we caught the boat back to MK ready for MVMCP.
We got our wristbands and went down the photo alley

I'd managed to get a fp for POTC earlier that day, on our way out through the shop we bumped into Capt Jack

We went in search of dinner and ended up at Columbia Harbour House, we then rode Splash
Mountain and went onto
Main Street for photos

MK decorated for Christmas is my favourite season of all at WDW.
We went I hunt of more photo ops, did the tangled lantern pic and then went and met Jack & Sally. We managed to somehow loop our way back round to end up near the front of the castle for the fireworks

After the fireworks we walked back up Main Street in the snow

We found a spot by the Main Street station to watch the second parade. The view was amazing, the Christmas parade is my all time favourite and I love the clockwork soldier band

After the parade we hung around for about 15 minutes letting the worse of the crowds out, we walked back to the buses and only had about a 10 minute wait. At just before 1 we were back in our room after grabbing hot chocolates from the food court in our mugs
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Your photos of the parade are great, it looks really fun and colourful, you had a good spot.
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Your photos of the parade are great, it looks really fun and colourful, you had a good spot.
We had a great spot, this was the second parade so a lot less crowded than the first