Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Sep 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Disneyland/Disneysea Tokyo booking woes!

Hi guys

My partner and I are trying to hook tickets to Disneyland and Disneysea Tokyo and it’s proving near impossible! We were hoping to get a two day pass from the Disneyland website however that won’t work, as it keeps telling us our postcode can only be made of numbers... and then the payment won’t go through because the postcode doesn’t match!

So we tried Klook and all the two day passes day unavaliable, before even asking what dates we wanted

We also checked KKday website but it doesn’t have good reviews. And again, I would only be able to get four separate tickets for the 2 days, which we would have to pick them up from the park which defeats the object of booking in advance. There doesn’t seem to be any print at home tickets available and I don’t know why

I know we can buy tickets when we get there from the Disneystore but I am so worried our dates will be sold out - it’s the highlight of my trip

Does anyone have any way around this?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I do not know the answer to your problem but if you stay at one of the partner hotels nearby ( the Hilton or Sheraton) you can buy tickets from there that am sure guarantee park entry.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Just checked Tokyo Bay Hilton web site and it confirms that their park tickets guarantee park entry.

Also a Google search suggests you might succeed booking with a Visa Debit card - but I cannot give you reason why!
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

More info:

Using a Non-Japanese Credit Card

To use a non-Japanese credit card with the Tokyo Disney Resort reservation system for both tickets & hotels, your card must have the 3-D Secure Authentication (MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa).

There is more information on the official website, which lists which credit cards are accepted. If you can book successfully with your credit card, let us know what type of card you used in the comments. It appears that Amex is not accepted.
Old 9 Sep 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you. We have been trying to use a visa credit card for security purposes with no luck as of yet. I’ve emailed Klook regarding a 2 day pass. I’ll let you know how we get on xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
fifi500
Getting Excited

I am just back from Tokyo (arrived back yesterday). I purchased 2 separate 3 day tickets during the 2 weeks with no problems, the first 3 day ticket was for the last weekend of the Tokyo school holidays and super busy but still no problem purchasing a ticket the day before. My DD is in Disneysea today , she says it is not anything like as busy.

Have great fun
Old 13 Sep 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fifi500 View Post
I am just back from Tokyo (arrived back yesterday). I purchased 2 separate 3 day tickets during the 2 weeks with no problems, the first 3 day ticket was for the last weekend of the Tokyo school holidays and super busy but still no problem purchasing a ticket the day before. My DD is in Disneysea today , she says it is not anything like as busy.

Have great fun
Ohhhhhh going to do a trippe?

did you have a good time?

Edited at 10:32 AM.
Old 13 Sep 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
fifi500
Getting Excited

Had a fantastic time, thank you. I did rather fall for Tokyo over my 2 weeks. I am extremely lucky in that as a single traveller on my return flight I was approached to take a flight 24 hours later due to over booking and as a result have a complimentary ticket for a return flight within the next year, plus not everyone turned up so I made the flight anyway. So I will be going back.

If anyone wants any information from the Disney area, my DD will be visiting most Mondays (and any other days she can fit in) for the next year so will be willing to find out what she can or take photographs to pass on.

I will start a trip report in the next few days but be warned I also spent days cleaning student accommodation and shopping for pans and toilet roll, so some days may be more interesting than others! !
Old 13 Sep 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fifi500 View Post
Had a fantastic time, thank you. I did rather fall for Tokyo over my 2 weeks. I am extremely lucky in that as a single traveller on my return flight I was approached to take a flight 24 hours later due to over booking and as a result have a complimentary ticket for a return flight within the next year, plus not everyone turned up so I made the flight anyway. So I will be going back.

If anyone wants any information from the Disney area, my DD will be visiting most Mondays (and any other days she can fit in) for the next year so will be willing to find out what she can or take photographs to pass on.

I will start a trip report in the next few days but be warned I also spent days cleaning student accommodation and shopping for pans and toilet roll, so some days may be more interesting than others! !
How lucky are you. We are going next May and would be delighted to be offered free flights! I buy lots of odd things on holiday - I have been known to bring home washing ropes but not toilet rolls so far! Looking forward to your trippie.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
fifi500
Getting Excited

toilet rolls definitely not to bring home , although I did purchase some mickey mouse pegs to bring home. Sadly my case was very empty on the way home as I was helping my DD set up her room and all of the shopping was for her and will not come back until next year.