Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you book it you will go. Sept 2019. Day 15 - AK, DS & home

The dining report for today is here.

Notes are not great today as I took them on my phone at the airport.
We had set the alarm for 5.30am so we had plenty of time to get ready before Bell Services came to collect our bags.

This happened a few times after they changed to the new TVs.

We were ready when she arrived slightly early at 6.40am. I was worried she would struggle with our bags as she was quite small but then I reckoned she had probably built up muscles carting all that luggage around! We had six bags including our hand luggage so tipped $6.

We got organised, said goodbye to the room and headed out to AK. We parked in Dinosaur so just walked to the entrance and arrived just after 7am.
We had again planned to ride the safari standby first but totally forgot that it isn’t open that early and I hadn’t rearranged the FP to take that into account. Our priority was FoP so we weren’t overly concerned and just headed to Dinosaur instead. In the meantime I played about on MDE trying to get a safari FP.

We rode Dinosaur which was a walk on and then I made Marie ride Triceratops Spin. I maintain we've never ridden it but she says we have.

We then headed back round to the safari.

When we arrived the queue was already quite big and we were hungry so we decided to have breakfast first at Kusafiri Bakery again. We used a QS credit on a cinnamon roll and two cappuccinos.

The wait for the safari was still huge so we decided against it. My notes and photos don’t match up so I think this was when we must have rode FoP with our FP. This is why I try and take photos of random things, so I can work out the timeline!

While in the queue for FoP I managed to move our Everest FP so we went there next and afterwards wandered round the Maharaja Jungle Trek. This time we saw a tiger.

There was also a bird that would copy anyone who shouted “woo woo”.

I had managed to get a FP for the safari so we headed there next however the FP queue was queued right back.

The park was pretty busy.

There was a rhino on the track and the safari wasn’t moving. At this point we agreed we had seen it plenty times this trip so we’d just leave it. We tapped in just in case there was any chance of a FoP FP (there wasn’t) and went to Gorilla Falls instead.

We left the park after this and headed to Disney Springs for lunch and some shopping. We went to D-Luxe Burger and both got the Classic Cheeseburger and paid OOP for some fries.

We then had a look round the shops and used up the last of our credits in Ghirardelli.

We went back to CSR and collected our bags from Bell Services. We then had to consider where we were going to get changed. Some resorts make it easier than others!

We decided to go to the toilets at Casitas pool as we knew we’d get parked close by and we knew they’d be quiet enough. We got freshened up and changed then I had a panic that I’d thrown the car keys out. The cropped trousers I’d worn that morning had a hole I’d had to sew up and probably wouldn’t last another trip so I’d decided to chuck them. I was convinced I had the car keys in the pocket of them and now couldn’t find them. I ran back across checking my pockets and bag as I ran and found them in my bag. What an idiot!

We headed to the airport and made good time. We handed the car back with no dramas and no additional charges although finding a trolley was an issue as usual.

As we were flying home PE we were checked in quickly but security was busy as usual. Luckily they opened up another queue and we were able to move across to it so we didn’t take that long. We were through with still a couple of hours before boarding. We grabbed a seat and got settled while we waited to board.

We were hungry but not for a meal so I popped to Auntie Anne’s Pretzels and got us some mini pretzel dogs and pretzel bites to share.

We boarded around 5.15pm and I think we left on time. I read for a wee while then they brought dinner. They dimmed the cabin lights soon after and we tried to get some sleep. This felt like one of the worst flights I’ve ever been on. I kept waking up with a really dry throat feeling really uncomfortable and sore, like I’d been tensing up in my sleep. I must have slept though as it didn’t seem long before the lights were up and they were bringing us breakfast. This was quite nice for a change. Some kind of overnight oats and a bacon roll.

We landed early, collected our bags and headed to the pick up point to wait for Dad. He wasn’t too long and soon we were on the way home.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A lovely last day at AK. I like taking some random photos of the ride entrances as they help me with my timeline and I know what order we did things when I write it up.

The burgers at D Luxe look yummy as always. And you managed to use up your last credits at Ghiradelli, have you got any of the chocolate left? Ours never lasts that long.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A lovely last day at AK. I like taking some random photos of the ride entrances as they help me with my timeline and I know what order we did things when I write it up.

The burgers at D Luxe look yummy as always. And you managed to use up your last credits at Ghiradelli, have you got any of the chocolate left? Ours never lasts that long.
I need to be better at random pics next year!

We have most of the Ghirardelli left. I don’t really like it as much as I think I do but Marie has a square every now and then. Most of it will be given away at Christmas!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

A fab last day although AK seemed busy. The bird is so pretty. D-Luxe looks nice and even better you got to spend your credits n Ghirardelli ... we still have chocolate from last October xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
A fab last day although AK seemed busy. The bird is so pretty. D-Luxe looks nice and even better you got to spend your credits n Ghirardelli ... we still have chocolate from last October xx
I think I’ll still have chocolate next October!

Trip Report Index