Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Feb 14, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pers5579
Proud to wear my Ears

Are you theme park junkies or not?

My OH DS and DD are massive theme park junkies, so for us going to Florida literally means a theme park all day, every day! But we have always been with other family members who think were nuts and should take 2 or 3 days off per week? !?!? Personally we think this is a waste of valuable theme park time and a waste of a 2 week hopper pass etc. We so plan our trips so that we go to a more relaxing park one day, followed by a more hectic park the next!

But just interested to hear what everyone else does. Shopping malls are not our thing! We did the beaches on our first trip but we were bored stupid couldn't wait to get back to the attractions!
pers5579 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

When it was just me & him yes, theme park every day all day.

We still do a park a day but at a much slower pace and often half days as we leave when the kids are done. That was 10:30 our first day and 22:30 our last day!
Old 11 Feb 14, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

yep park everyday for me, cant sit for longer than half an hour get bored, cant do the go back to the hotel half way through the day for a break thing either!

can rest when I get home.

jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rumpleroo
Very Serious Dibber

Everyone is different. We do theme parks for 2 or 3 days then have a rest day but that might include some time at the pool, waterparks, DTD or mini golf. Our kids have asked to go to a mall this time but never bothered before as I'm not a shopper.

It might be different this year as our kids are 12,13 and 17 and it was 5 years since we were there so lots to do and see

It is your holiday you do what suits you.

You will get different opinions for everyone both friends and family and on the Dibb but takes things that interest you.

We have only stayed at Disney and have a great time but that isn't everyone's cup of tea.
Villa 2016 / 2018
Rumpleroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Neesymouse
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I would love to do parks all day everyday but just don't have the stamina for it and don't want to go home to our busy lifestyle completely exhausted. We are always there at rope drop and stay til closing so it's a long time to be on your feet in the heat (October time so not *really* hot but being from Scotland we are unaccustomed to nice weather!) We usually have 2 or 3 rest days which involve a long lie and the pool during the day and shopping at night. This time we are staying onsite so I hope we can do the 'going home in the middle of the day' thing as in 2012 the kids (who were then 5 and 10) were begging for more pool time but we wanted to get our money's worth. By the end of the holiday I was practically in tears at the end of the day with the pain in my feet and the kids were getting cranky so we definitely should have factored more rest days in. You live and learn and hence the reason we are staying onsite this time.

Off-site May 2006, Oct 2012, July 2018
OKW Oct 2014
SSR July 2016
POR Oct 2017

Edited at 05:42 PM. Reason: Typo
Neesymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Our rest days are water parks or having a lie in, swim and then DTD or shopping.

I could not stay at the villa all day!
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Not any more no.

The first few visits we did the whole all day at the parks - full on planning thing.

these days we quite often don't visit a park at all.
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gerryc
Imagineer

gerryc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We usually do 2 parks then a rest day either pool/shopping/waterpark, we're there for 3 weeks in July so can take it a bit easier as the heat really get to you.
gerryc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lshep84
Excited about Disney

YES YES YES! When we were there with my parents last year we were all getting ready to go to magic kingdom and my dad sat there and said 'you know what I'd really like to do today, sit around the pool and have a sandwich! '
What!?!?! Er, no sorry dad, check the itinerary, it says magic kingdom, and that is where we are going come hell or high water! He didn't suggest staying at the villa again! ( poor guy, he's over 50 now)

For us, Florida is all about the theme parks, if we wanted to relax we would choose somewhere different, like Majorca like we have this year. We have a newborn so I just wanted a short flight. (Although, having nothing to plan for Majorca is killing me, I feel like I'm not half as excited about this holiday as I am when I go to disney and have all the amazing bits and bobs to plan and get excited for!) I constantly feel like I'm missing out when I'm not in the parks when I'm there, even sleep gets in the way! xxx
lshep84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
coventry_family
Very Serious Dibber

I guess it all depends on if you are going for a Florida holiday or a theme park holiday.
Personally we like to do a Florida holiday with Villa days, shopping days, crazy golf in the evenings, gift shops etc, but also throw in a few days at the park.
We usually do a week of parks and a week of Florida.

But we do have young children...
Closed Thread