Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 May 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Excited about Disney

I quite like it.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
The new logo which consists of the park name, Disney's Hollywood Studios, which actually put to bed the rumours of the park getting a new name,
Back in March 2015 Bob Iger actually announced that DHS would get a new name. So it wasn't just "rumours".

BTW, why does the new logo look different in the first image to the one in the second image? Specifically the picture of Mickey Mouse in the second O.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Back in March 2015 Bob Iger actually announced that DHS would get a new name. So it wasn't just "rumours".

BTW, why does the new logo look different in the first image to the one in the second image? Specifically the picture of Mickey Mouse in the second O.
I thought that too !
Old 2 May 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Awww I liked the old retro one. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
New logo doesn’t bother me - it’s still MGM in my mind 😀
Just said to DH "Hollywood Studios got a new Logo" he said "do you mean MGM?"
Old 2 May 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBERIFFIC
Apprentice Imagineer

ROBBERIFFIC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
BB8 may be female
ROBBERIFFIC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Did Bob Iger ‘actually’ announce that DHS would get a new name?
I may be wrong but from what I remember, didn’t he make a slip up when answering a question which he immediately back tracked on his answer!

Edited at 08:08 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I do wish they had switched to Hollywood Adventure rather than Studios.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I like it, I like the retro feel to it. I think of Hollywood Studios as a more classic, old school park so I think it fits.
Toy story, Mickey and Minnie sand Star Wars aren’t exactly new franchises are they so I think it fits they’ve gone down a reminiscent path with it
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Did Bob Iger ‘actually’ announce that DHS would get a new name?
I may be wrong but from what I remember, didn’t he make a slip up when answering a question which he immediately back tracked on his answer!
Well, at the 2015 Annual Shareholder meeting Bob Iger said when answering a kids question (and I quote):

“We used to be MGM Studios, we changed it to Hollywood Studios. And we are doing some significant work there right now. That I guess will result in a name change. So now we can announce that. Not been announced, right? ... No. We will announce that we are changing the name, but we won’t announce what we are changing it to”.

So, Bob Iger - Disney’s CEO - did announce it. He clearly said he was announcing it.

You’re right though that it did seem to be a bit of a slip up and Disney did sort of later try to backtrack. But not very well. Then a couple of years later there were some visitor surveys that did the rounds asking people for their thoughts on a variety of different new names for DHS. Until, finally in February 2018, Disney officially confirmed on their blog that they were not changing the name (here). So, if anything, the official confirmation over a year ago kinda put to bed the rumours of the park getting a new name.

As for the logo... it’s ok. It doesn’t wow me, but it’s not terrible either.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List