Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Jun 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
This is really good news! We bit the bullet and booked last month, bit of a gamble but we can amend if need be. Staying at Atlantis for 2 weeks, really can't wait! Just hope Covid doesn't stop us! Not sure when they will be opening again but sounds like things are slowly starting to pick up if your friend was able to get out and do things.
I think you will be fine by then! Emirates flying ok and my friends say that they have heard that they will be opening for tourists within a few weeks
They had a really strict lockdown so are so happy to be out
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I think you will be fine by then! Emirates flying ok and my friends say that they have heard that they will be opening for tourists within a few weeks
They had a really strict lockdown so are so happy to be out
Oh really! Thats given me some hope at least. Thank you! Think I'll avoiding Florida for a while and heading to Dubai instead, they seem to be coping far better
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
G54321
Excited about Disney

Great news, I am due to go on 27th September with friends for a 50th celebration and am keeping everything crossed we get there.
G54321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
It’s encouraged me to make plans too!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s encouraged me to make plans too!
Good! 😊

Do you know if Emirates are making passengers wear masks? I know kids under 6 don’t have to wear them anywhere in Dubai. Much better than Floridas ridiculous rules for anyone over the age of 2 😏
Old 19 Jun 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Good! 😊

Do you know if Emirates are making passengers wear masks? I know kids under 6 don’t have to wear them anywhere in Dubai. Much better than Floridas ridiculous rules for anyone over the age of 2 😏
Yes they are. Even in the car if you fly business or first and get collected. However, personally I don’t think it will be in force for too long

Edited at 11:26 PM.
Old 20 Jun 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Yes they are. Even in the car if you fly business or first and get collected. However, personally I don’t think it will be in force for too long
Let's hope not. I can't imagine going down the rapids at Atlantis having to wear one!
Old 21 Jun 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have recently posted the message below on a separate thread in this section about Dubai allowing visitors into the country from July 7th. Hope it is useful to someone.

"The Khaleej Times in the UAE have today announced that Dubai will allow tourists to enter the country from 7th July.

Report taken from the newspaper

Tourists will be required to present a recent Covid-19 negative certificate or undergo testing at Dubai airports.
Airports in Dubai will welcome tourists from July 7, 2020, it was announced on Sunday. The tourists will be required to present a recent Covid-19 negative certificate or undergo testing at the airport. The Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management added that the emirate's airports would start receiving residents stranded abroad from tomorrow (June 22). It also said that citizens and residents will be permitted to travel overseas from June 23.

This came as the committee announced new protocols and conditions for citizens, residents and tourists travelling into or out of Dubai airports.

The committee said the announcements will allow thousands of people affected by worldwide restrictions in passenger air traffic since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic to resume their travel plans."
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I have recently posted the message below on a separate thread in this section about Dubai allowing visitors into the country from July 7th. Hope it is useful to someone.

"The Khaleej Times in the UAE have today announced that Dubai will allow tourists to enter the country from 7th July.

Report taken from the newspaper

Tourists will be required to present a recent Covid-19 negative certificate or undergo testing at Dubai airports.
Airports in Dubai will welcome tourists from July 7, 2020, it was announced on Sunday. The tourists will be required to present a recent Covid-19 negative certificate or undergo testing at the airport. The Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management added that the emirate's airports would start receiving residents stranded abroad from tomorrow (June 22). It also said that citizens and residents will be permitted to travel overseas from June 23.

This came as the committee announced new protocols and conditions for citizens, residents and tourists travelling into or out of Dubai airports.

The committee said the announcements will allow thousands of people affected by worldwide restrictions in passenger air traffic since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic to resume their travel plans."
Great news! Just got to hope that we’re still ok to go in December and that face masks aren’t compulsory by then 🤞🏼
Old 27 Jun 20, 05:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m considering booking a week at Atlantis as our Florida trip has been cancelled.

We’ve never been to Dubai before.

I’m looking at 29th August to 5th September, I know it’ll be very hot, does anybody have experience of that time of year? Will the water park be manageable in the heat? Bearing in mind we go to Florida every August and that heat doesn’t bother us.

I’ve checked BA holidays and Emirates holidays, BA is much cheaper for the same package but the flight times aren’t great. I see Emirates mentioned at lot, but what’s people’s experience of BA to Dubai?

I think the flight arrives just after midnight, how would this work with room access and half board entitlement?

We’d upgrade to premium economy and an imperial club room.

Price for the week got 2 adults 1 child is £4668, is that good?

I’m a dab hand at US holidays but totally out of my comfort zone with this one so no idea what to look out for and what’s a decent price.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List