Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27 Jun 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I’m considering booking a week at Atlantis as our Florida trip has been cancelled.

We’ve never been to Dubai before.

I’m looking at 29th August to 5th September, I know it’ll be very hot, does anybody have experience of that time of year? Will the water park be manageable in the heat? Bearing in mind we go to Florida every August and that heat doesn’t bother us.

I’ve checked BA holidays and Emirates holidays, BA is much cheaper for the same package but the flight times aren’t great. I see Emirates mentioned at lot, but what’s people’s experience of BA to Dubai?

I think the flight arrives just after midnight, how would this work with room access and half board entitlement?

We’d upgrade to premium economy and an imperial club room.

Price for the week got 2 adults 1 child is £4668, is that good?

I’m a dab hand at US holidays but totally out of my comfort zone with this one so no idea what to look out for and what’s a decent price.
It’s very hot that time of year but we’ve always been fine, water park will be ok but make sure you have pool shoes as the floor walking between rides in very hot.

We’ve been with both emirates and ba, emirates are a bit nicer but these days not so much that we’d pay more. The main difference we now find is that the airport terminal for ba isn’t as nice as the emirates one. As for arrival time, your price should include the night you arrive so you would go to the hotel and be given a room, we have arrived at this time before and rang and booked the holiday excluding the first night hotel and checked in to the premier inn at the airport for 1 night and went straight to the hotel the following morning, saved around £500. you will likely lose your half board entitlement for the day (check this as some hotels are one meal per day and some allow you to ‘roll them over’) and not be able to take advantage of club as it will be closed when you arrive. We now try and do a night flight and arrive around 7am, room has always been ready for us at the hotel when we check in and they’ve always allowed us to have breakfast when we arrive.

Price wise I’d say that’s reasonable with PE, maybe price up some of the Jumeirah hotels for a comparison which also include water park access. We like Zabeel Saray or Mina a’Salam, both good for children and offer dine around half board so bigger choice in restaurants. Both have club options. Often for club you can get a deal on upgrade when you arrive so we now don’t book it until we check in.

Also look at requirements due to COVID at the hotels, I know some have restrictions in place such as having to wear masks and limiting number of people in the pools, I’m not sure how that would work so may be worth getting more info.

Bex

Edited at 07:10 AM.
bex272 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List