Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 May 22, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Calling Lanzarote experts

Looking for a winter break to Lanzarote.
Any recommendations for 4 adults. Maybe all inclusive but needs decent beer and maybe food.
Or is it cheap enough not to do all inclusive.
Anyone looking for nice hotel and nice area
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
schnauzer
Excited about Disney

We stayed in the Lanzarote Princess in Playa Blanca and had a fab time. The hotel is really central. We stayed half board, but you can also stay AI. There are some lovely restaurants in Playa Blanca too
Old 22 May 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at Aqua Suites in Puerto del Carmen last summer and had a fantastic time there. Food was really great too. Loads of great restaurants a short walk away.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have been to Lanzarote about 9 times, and never done an AI break. Always gone self catering, but that's because we know the island and know where we like to eat and an AI isn't for us no matter where in the world. There are some fabulous restaurants, especially down in the old town. We haven't been since pre covid, but we never found it overly expensive to eat out or have a few drinks. And that is generally eating 2 meals a day out, either breakfast & dinner or lunch & dinner. We stay in Puerto Del Carmen, loads of options all the way from the Old Town down to Matagorda.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We're here at the moment, we don't stay in hotels, prefer to have our own villa and pool, we're not AI people, like to have our own space & do our own thing. Like NewtoOrlando, we know our way around very well after several trips and enjoy driving here, shopping for groceries, BBQing and eating by the pool etc. I'm sat by the pool as we speak with my cappachino, thinking about smashing an avocado for breakfast.

It's very reasonable to eat out, we'll eat out once a day, yesterday we had breakfast on the sea front which cost us 20 Euros, including 4 cappachinos, the food is very good, we've never had a bad meal here and have eaten all around the island, although generally base ourselves in Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise.

It's a beautiful island, enjoy. I'm sure they'll be someone along soon who can recommend hotels if that's more for you

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Another vote for the Aqua Suites, one of the best hotels we’ve been to, the staff were amazing, the food was great, no buffet all al a carte when we stayed x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

for AI can heartily recommend the H10 Rubicon Palace in Playa Blanca

excellent food all day incl a number of restaurant options not just the main buffet

branded drinks eg/hendricks + fever trea not generic 'gin'

nice walkable into Playa Blanca as contrary to popular belief you are allowed out to 'do your own thing' if you want to eat out a few nights/days

h10hotels/en/lanzaro...rubicon-palace
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have stayed in many of the AI in Playa Blanca (and non AI, such as Natura Palace, Princess Yaiza). Including many of those mentioned above.

Best one for quality/ price point (albeit not a cheap option but not ridiculous) is the Iberostar Lanzarote Park in my opinion. Food and drinks a class above the other all inclusives I found, very nice 5 star property, good location not too far out ( it’s just off the port/ harbour).

Blue light discount available on their website if you book direct and no need to pay a deposit last time I used it.

Rubicon mentioned above isn’t bad at all, my daughter is going there July. However, food not on a par with Iberostar Lanzarote Park and further up near the lighthouse. It is very good for the money.

Avoid the Sandos Papagayo, we were far from impressed with the state of that property! Other than that they are mostly all pretty good.

Best AI I have stayed in, in the Canaries is Iberostar Anthelia which is in Tenerife- epic hotel and food but v pricey unfortunately . I only booked it as we got a great deal in Covid, otherwise it would be £7.5k a week in summer hols for 4 that one, wish I could go again but don’t fancy paying that.

Edited at 10:37 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This is an interesting thread.

We are looking at doing a self catering holiday to Lanzarote in September/ October. We have never been to Lanzarote before but like somewhere close to cafes, restaurants, a beach and some decent shops. We prefer a bit of life and tend not to go for quiet places.

Does anyone have any suggestions about which part of the island to stay and any recommendations for accommodation?
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Puerto del Carmen has lots of nightlife and great restaurants and shops too. There is even a shopping mall close to the Old town.There are lots of apartments to rent in the area as well as hotels.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List