Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jan 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've just booked sofitel jumeirah beach for 4 nights in June.

I'm a first timer. Have I made a good choice?
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by myvot View Post
I've just booked sofitel jumeirah beach for 4 nights in June.

I'm a first timer. Have I made a good choice?
Good location, haven’t been in the hotel myself but looks nice. What type of package have you booked and for how long?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It's just breakfast. I'm staying for 4 nights on my way home from Thailand. Just need to read trip reports or read up in things to do that don't cost the earth.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by myvot View Post
It's just breakfast. I'm staying for 4 nights on my way home from Thailand. Just need to read trip reports or read up in things to do that don't cost the earth.
Really easy to get around, taxis are readily available and really cheap. Melbatb has a really good trip report that will help, it’s in her signature. The heat is picking up in June so be prepared and time your activities accordingly. By June the Entertainer will be reduced by a fair bit so it may be worth considering as that will give you big reductions and offers on food, drink and activities.
If you intend to do the Burj Khalifa at that time of year book it for the evening or play it by ear and book when you are there as you will get heat haze during the day which will restrict your views.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thinking of Dubai or Abu Dhabi for 10 nights in July or at the end of May next year as a family holiday instead of Orlando or Spain. Kids are 10 and 6 and love water play.
Is 10 nights too long?
Can anyone recommend a hotel with all inclusive? Waterslides would be great too
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by florida_2012 View Post
Thinking of Dubai or Abu Dhabi for 10 nights in July or at the end of May next year as a family holiday instead of Orlando or Spain. Kids are 10 and 6 and love water play.
Is 10 nights too long?
Can anyone recommend a hotel with all inclusive? Waterslides would be great too
If you are looking for all inclusive with plenty to do for kids then look at Lapita resort, few dibbers have stayed there and been impressed. Just bear in mind that July is vey hot and outdoor activities are limited and you won’t be able to eat outdoors.
I would chose the end of May every time as it will allow you to do more outdoors
Old 9 Jan 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
If you are looking for all inclusive with plenty to do for kids then look at Lapita resort, few dibbers have stayed there and been impressed. Just bear in mind that July is vey hot and outdoor activities are limited and you won’t be able to eat outdoors.
I would chose the end of May every time as it will allow you to do more outdoors
Thanks for the recommendation for Lapita. I'll check it out.

We have a week at the end of May that the school is off so we could go that week. And have another cheeky holiday at the start of July in Portugal maybe. I like things planned to keep me going.

Is Dubai worse than Orlando heat wise in July and August? Are the water parks difficult to go to if its so hot?
We are a pale and redhead family so we are careful about creaming up and wearing sunsuits but is Dubai beyond this in summer?
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by florida_2012 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation for Lapita. I'll check it out.

We have a week at the end of May that the school is off so we could go that week. And have another cheeky holiday at the start of July in Portugal maybe. I like things planned to keep me going.

Is Dubai worse than Orlando heat wise in July and August? Are the water parks difficult to go to if its so hot?
We are a pale and redhead family so we are careful about creaming up and wearing sunsuits but is Dubai beyond this in summer?
Yes I think it is. It’s far hotter than Florida in July and August. Temps around high ‘40’s and the summer before last it hit over ‘50 a few times. You are unable to sit outside eating as the temp is unbearable and some days you can’t get in the see as the water is too hot. A lot of the theme parks and tourist attractions are largely indoors for this reason. You will always get a really good deal in the summer but there is a price to pay!
I’ve been may half term and although it’s starting to get hot then it is bearable but you will still need high factor sunscreen
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

I should add that I love the sun and I usually tan easily but wouldn’t go in the summer
Old 9 Feb 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
laudan14
Apprentice Imagineer

10% discount on entertainer app if anyone is looking to buy soon

EDS2019
laudan14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List