Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 15 Apr 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DLA appeal

I have asked for DLA decision appeal for DD, i have sent off paperwork and they have recieved this and contacted DWP for their response, i sent further evidence with the appeal paperwork. I have since had two more letters of support from different consultants, so do i send these now or wait and take them to appeal, will they look at them at eppeal if i havent sent them before? Or would they even consider them as evidence for appeal if i sent them now as they have already asked DWP for their response?
Old 15 Apr 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I have actually asjed to attend the appeal, but unsure of when or if this would be possible now.
Old 15 Apr 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

I would send them now,otherwise tribunal may adjourn for DWP to consider them .
Old 15 Apr 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks. I wasnt too sure of that.
Old 15 Apr 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I would send copies of the letters now just to be on the safe side

DWP have currently suspended all face to face meetings so its unlikely that you will get a date for your appeal anytime soon if you need to attend.
I know sdd had to attend her appeal but it was really a long wait for the hearing- they went over all the paperwork and she had to give a statement of why she felt gdd qualified and how her needs affected their day to day life. It was worth it as the judge overturned the ruling awarded her dla at the high rate and backdated it to the original claim date.

Goodluck
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ok have you asked for reconsideration or a actual appeal ?
Reconsideration is just someone else looking at the same information where as an appeal will mean going to tribunal ( which is currently on hold ) , I had to do this with Dd 2 years ago so can answer questions
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I asked to attend appeal face to face, so i could feel that they had reviewed all information. The MR was a waste of time, came back quickly and i dont think they had time to review it correctly. I am sending off the two letters this week, i wonder if they could do facetime calls instead?
Old 19 Apr 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi DLA Is no longer Given it is know pip (Personal independence payment This is taken from.GOV

Disability Living Allowance has been discontinued by the government and is gradually being replaced by Personal Independence Payment. However, some people can continue to claim DLA if: You were born before 8 April 1948 and are already currently claiming DLA.

PIP is worked out on a points system the information is
Here
All the best
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Hi DLA Is no longer Given it is know pip (Personal independence payment This is taken from.GOV

Disability Living Allowance has been discontinued by the government and is gradually being replaced by Personal Independence Payment. However, some people can continue to claim DLA if: You were born before 8 April 1948 and are already currently claiming DLA.

PIP is worked out on a points system the information is
Here
All the best
You can still claim DLA for a child under 16,as I'm sure the op is doing,but yes the above is correct for those age over 16 to 64.
Really hope you get a positive result at appeal op,its such a long stressful wait.Personally I would send in the letters,well a copy of them to them now.

Edited at 09:13 AM.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

Send a copy of any further information you have as they may change the decision if the evidence from the other consultants enables them to
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List