Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 Nov 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Rented my points through David’s PayPal help

Hi Everyone. Like all of us at the mo I’m not able to use my points I banked into this use year. I booked a couple of confirmed reservations and advertised them through David’s. One has just gone today and I’ve already set up my PayPal to receive money in USD so it’s arrived in USD as I hoped.

Now I have it there what are my options to avoid the rubbish exchange rate. Can I move it onto my revolut card to pay my dues and if so how? Or is there a way I can buy US disney gift cards? I’d prefer to avoid transferring the money into my UK account if possible!
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Have a read of this thread :

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...y+gift+car ds
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Amazing thank you!
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Also suggest you read post https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1181842 by hscx3boys who had a problem when ordering a high value $500 gift card. Not sure how long it took to receive the $500 refund back into their account, might even still be waiting.

So it would be worth first buying a $25 card as a test-run and then only increase to $50 and try that a few times before moving onto $100 and while there's plenty of time until the 2021 dues deadline suggest just keeping it to that limit. If $100 get's withheld by PayPal then that won't impact you as much as $500 being withheld for possibly up to 31-days.

A few members have reported back to say that they've had no issues when buying the higher amount gift cards, but maybe they were all through the Target web-site when that was the only option; so it might well be just an issue with the higher amounts on the Disney Shop web-site.

We've only brought a few $25 gift cards from Target and the Disney's Shop online as a test so can't offer any help on why the higher amounts have issues.

Good luck and please update your post or post https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1180353 so to let the other members who might soon be in your position know how you got on and good luck.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the extra info Br’er Bear. I’ve done it this morning and it worked perfectly. I got one gift card for $125 (thought I’d just do a bigger amount for the test run) and then another of $250 which I’ve paid into my dues and it’s just sat as a credit now when I get the remaining balance through I’ll do the same. Fingers crossed I can rent out the rest of my points now as that was very easy thanks for your help
Old 6 Nov 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by shawny122 View Post
Hi Everyone. Like all of us at the mo I’m not able to use my points I banked into this use year. I booked a couple of confirmed reservations and advertised them through David’s. One has just gone today and I’ve already set up my PayPal to receive money in USD so it’s arrived in USD as I hoped.

Now I have it there what are my options to avoid the rubbish exchange rate. Can I move it onto my revolut card to pay my dues and if so how? Or is there a way I can buy US disney gift cards? I’d prefer to avoid transferring the money into my UK account if possible!
Hi

Nice to hear you have managed to rent your points! Fab. I have mine listed with David’s but nothing yet - just wondered what price you sold per point. Hope you dont mind me asking - thinking I might reduce mine to get rid.

Lisa
Old 6 Nov 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
Hi

Nice to hear you have managed to rent your points! Fab. I have mine listed with David’s but nothing yet - just wondered what price you sold per point. Hope you dont mind me asking - thinking I might reduce mine to get rid.

Lisa
I put them on for $12.50 that I’d be paid for them, I think that’s $17 the renter has to pay to David’s.

I had 100 points left from our cancelled Beach Club trip which I then booked two confirmed reservations for after reading people had more luck that way. One bay lake tower at the end of November and one Riviera over thanksgiving. So far the bay lake tower has rented, keeping everything crossed for the Riviera one now! I think confirmed reservations are the way to go though, there’s just too many points available!