Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Jun 17, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm so excited!

So we've finally booked and paid the deposit! Yay! Three nights on the Disney Dream, departing Port Canaveral on 15 September (so only a few days until we need to pay the balance off, gulp!). Always wanted to do a Disney cruise and when DS asked if we wanted to join him, his wife Holly and our three grandbabies, plus Holly's mum and brother, it would have been rude to refuse .

So now the planning starts - not easy for the Florida contingent as the boys don't know they're going yet, so lots of talking in code!

All hints/tips gratefully received
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So as this is your first cruise I would think Paid in Full is coming up quickly as is booking day (hard to judge as mine is from the 16th Sept but is a longer cruise so I think has different dates). My tip is to check in as soon as you can and try and get an early Port arrival time (PAT) as this will mean you will maximize your time on the ship. You can also book some character greetings and any excursions at this point.

Not sure on the length of cruise but I would probably avoid Nassau and instead spend the day on the ship enjoying it. Nassau is OK but its not as good as the ship
Old 27 Jun 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I'd echo Sarah's sentiments about Nassau if you're only on a 3 night cruise. Stay on board, play Goofy's golf (free on top deck), or MidShip Detectives (also free). Or just lay in the sun in Quiet Cove the adult only area.

There's a sticky thread at the top of this forum with loads of DCL info too.

Have fun!
Joa
Old 27 Jun 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for the tips! We had been told about arriving early and having swimmies in our bags - great idea with the littles! Need to pay the balance this weekend and work out how to link our three bookings so that presumably we can book excursions together. Can't wait
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by MrsGrumpy View Post
Thank you for the tips! We had been told about arriving early and having swimmies in our bags - great idea with the littles! Need to pay the balance this weekend and work out how to link our three bookings so that presumably we can book excursions together. Can't wait
You will have to choose a PAT (a Port Arrival Time) when you do online check in. You shouldn't arrive before this time as you can be turned away. They stagger arrivals now to aid the crowds and it really does help.
If you arrive at 12:30, you'll check in at the terminal then go straight on anyway as they have open boarding from around 12:45-1pm.
Your boarding card is directly linked to your PAT anyway, so turning up early if you have a late PAT just means you stand waiting for longer .. not good for the littlies as there is nowhere to run around or play in that terminal.

If you booked direct, then just email DCL with all reservation numbers and ask for them to be linked. Once done, all ressies will show when you go online to look at your own ressie.
On a 3 night cruise, what excursions are you booking?! You've only got Nassau and Castaway Cay and for CC, you would do well to just relax and enjoy the island.

Hope that helps
Joa

Edited at 01:22 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Make sure you link your bookings if you all want to be sat together at dinner, is not you could be sat at shared tables with strangers! 😳😳

I enjoyed Nassau, worth a little walk off the ship you can walk to a nice beach, white sands/ blue seas.

We loved the shows don't miss them

Room service is free! Juts need to tip $1 my kids love late night room service.

You can't take your own alcohol on board so don't forget to stock up on the way, save yourself lots of $$$.

Enjoy xx
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 17, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
You can't take your own alcohol on board so don't forget to stock up on the way, save yourself lots of $$$.

Enjoy xx
Assuming you meant "can" its only wine or beer you can now take onboard. You used to be able to take spirits but sadly no more. You can take 2 bottles of wine (75cl) or 6 beers per adult per cabin at each port so in theory you can take some on when you board then get more in Nassau