Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Jul 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And then there were Three! July 2017 Day 7

INDEX

Day 7 - 15th July Breakfast with Ariel and Epcot

I woke just before the alarm went off at 5.45! We could afford a lazy start today as our breakfast reservation wasn't until 10.40 at Al Forno Trattoria at the Boardwalk. Breakfast with Ariel and Eric and Rapunzel and Flynn

I had to tidy up again and then chivvy the girls to get up and ready. Phoebe had to sparkle herself up ready to meet Ariel again.

We left the room just before 9 after a disagreement about the Ariel t-shirts. Jas had had enough of clothes that she's not comfortable in. It's been agreed that from tomorrow she can wear what she likes.

We got in a bus to Hollywood studios and then took the river path to the Boardwalk which was a v hot ten minute stroll. There was much more blue sky today.

We'd taken our refillable cups as we were planning on going to Art if animation for dinner and right next to the restaurant was a refill station. The Boardwalk resort looks lovely as does the yacht and beach club across the lake.

We had arrived in plenty of time so just sat outside in the shade.

We were starting to get hungry as our reservation time drew near. Jas wasn't looking forward to this as she's not much of a breakfast food eater.

We were seated and our order taken. Jas and I had the fruit bowl which was very nice as it contained some delicious raspberries and blackberries. Phoe chose the yoghurt as it was supposed to come with a Sebastian biscuit but it didn't so she was a bit miffed! She then remembered we were meant to order the punch as that came with a light up clip of Ariel. They were out of Ariel and pascal! So she had to have tinker bell.

We had a frying pan with pastries and cakes delivered. Luckily they did have the clam pastries!

Phoe had the pancakes, Jas the steak which came with something that we have absolutely no idea what it was, and I had the poached eggs with polenta. I wasn't expecting it to be runny polenta so it was a bit weird but tasted nice.

Flynn rider was the first to come to our table followed by Rapunzel who loved Phoebe's glitter and ears.

Eric was next and finally Ariel. Our table was the last one she came to and she told Phoebe that she was the best which made her day.

We finished our food and paid for this meal using our free gift card.

We filled up our cups again and then took the short walk (less than 5 minutes) to Epcot. I have to say that I'm very much liking to idea of a resort where you can just walk to two parks.

The Boardwalk entrance took is straight into World Showcase where we met Alice and Jasmine and had a slow mooch round until our first fastpass for Test Track

While phoebe was making a purchase in no mans land she managed to lose a screw in her sunglasses. One cast member managed to find it and the other produced a set of mini screwdrivers out of nowhere! Sunglasses fixed!

Test track is one of my favourite rides. We thought about trying to do a pose for the photo but decided to just be 'normal'. This resulted in the picture below!

When we arrived at the photo screens the cast member told me that my hair looked lovely!

Next was meet Mickey an pals - we were stuck behind one of the many massive school? Groups from Brazil.

We went from there to our final fastpass of Spaceship Earth - a nice relaxing ride to finish.

We then headed to the bus stop for Art of Animation - Phoebe stayed here with her friend last November and wanted us to try the good there.

I know that our resort is small compared to most of the others but I think we're getting short changed compared with AoA. They had a massive fridge with desserts, a fab build your own salad bar and many more. The pizza station at POFQ is either a small pizza or a family size pizza which counts as 2 credits (not really sure why as it's $13.99 which is cheaper than some of the other 1 credit meals).

The pizza station at AoA is a massive slice of pizza, 2 garlic bread sticks and a side of Caesar salad. Jas had chicken nuggets and double fries (surprise surprise). Check out the difference.
AoA

Sorry she'd eaten loads before I got back with mine to take a pic

POFQ
Hmm I don't appear to have a pic - pofq has thicker fries, but double fries in my opinion is barely a single portion. I'll see if I can get a pic later in the week.

We were really full after this so Phoe decided to walk us for 5 mins in the insane humidity to show us where her room was and then back again. We tried to see if we could get uber to work again as phoebe had had an email from them. It didn't. So we hopped on a bus to Disney Springs where we transferred onto one for POFQ.

Phoe and I went for a quick swim to cool down and although it was still really warm, once you were in, the air felt chilly, so we then went to the very hot hot tub.

Phoe proceeded to take a million kardashian style selfies before we headed back to the room.

Lilo and stitch was the movie under the stars tonight. We didn't stay for the whole film as it's EMH at Hollywood studios tomorrow

We had sun all day today!

Total steps:18,288
Cost of dining plan food consumed:$54.46

Edited at 04:07 PM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We love the look of Yacht club too, such a pretty area and the ease of accessing two great parks, very nice, (tad expensive minor detail)
Your breakfasts look lovely (apart from runny polenta) Our favourite breakfast was Garden Grill in Epcot, loved it so much. Shame your food court isnt quite as plentiful as other resorts, but good that you can use your credits anywhere.
Really enjoying your report!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

You've done well getting everyone in the same clothes everyday, my daughters wouldn't have done it for one day! Breakfast looks like lots of different choices to the usual character breakfasts.

I have a similar windswept ride photo on Test Track 😄

I fancied going to AOA food court as I'd read it was good but we didn't get there.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The idea of walking to the parks is so appealing. We are thinking of splurging the next time we booked and were leaning towards the Polynesian but the monorail is so unreliable, I think the Crescent Lake resorts are the best bet.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great day & great food! 😋
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
You've done well getting everyone in the same clothes everyday, my daughters wouldn't have done it for one day! Breakfast looks like lots of different choices to the usual character breakfasts.

I have a similar windswept ride photo on Test Track 😄

I fancied going to AOA food court as I'd read it was good but we didn't get there.
Matching tops are now no more - Jas managed a week which is longer than I thought she would!
Old 25 Jul 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day! AoA looks a great resort as does yacht and beach.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List