Old 17 Jul 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And then there were Three! July 2017 Day 8

INDEX

Day 8 - 16th July Hollywood studios

Woke up at 4.45

The plan today was to leave at 7ish ready for early magic hours at Hollywood studios - ride Toy Story Mania and Rock n Rollercoaster before fastpasses for tower of terror and star tours and see the shows Beauty and the beast and Indiana jones, and of course to meet Chewbacca! Then back to the resort for some pool time and then return to DHS in the evening for Fantasmic

This totally went out of the window after I got out of the shower and the girls showed no signs of stirring. Phoe woke saying she didn't feel well and Jas was doubled over with stomach cramps. I dosed Jas up and then went and sat outside the food court with a hot drink and a magazine. I was a bit miffed that I was up and ready when I'm the one who is most sleep deprived!

I came up with the new plan - move the times of the fastpasses and head into the park around 3 and stay right through until fantasmic after a morning at the pool.

The girls were on board with the new plan so we set up camp round the pool. I was the only one who was ready for something to eat so tried the breakfast steak which came with scrambled egg, potato casserole and a biscuit (scone). It was quite tasty and I saved the biscuit until the end and ate it correctly! Jas had some more pain killers and slept under a pile of towels.

Mega hot and humid today so the pool was very welcoming. Treated myself to a little pina colada with raspberry.

Back up to the room just after one, showers, then left for DHS at 2. We had a quick check to see if we could get uber to work again after following their advice of reinstalling the app! It didn't work. Says we need to update billing settings but can't find how to do this!

We headed straight to the Indiana Jones show and although we were sat under a fan, if felt like we were just sitting in a fan assisted oven. We left here and joined the queue to meet Olaf and Jas was not looking good. I asked her if she wanted me to put her on a bus home and she said yes.

Now I knew that she was really suffering - she's always been shy and lacked confidence but since she's been ill she's got much worse, so much so that while we've been here she's not been able to pay for something at a till and refused to ride things unless she's next to Phoe or I and preferably sitting in the middle - to get on a bus by herself was a massive thing for her.

I left Phoe to meet Olaf and deposited jas at the bus stop and luckily a bus turned up just as we arrived. I headed back into the park and 12 minutes later she text to say she was back in the room.

Phoe and I then rode voyage of the little mermaid and then met Chewbacca (loved this!) before our fastpass for tower of terror. We just got to ToT when phoebe got all panicky because she was too hot and didn't feel very well. The humidity was sucking the life out of us today and we decided that we wouldn't be staying for Fantasmic. She calmed herself down and we were on - much longer drops today.

We were then straight into our fastpass window for star tours. I haven't ridden this for years as the old one used to make me feel a bit queasy. The new one is excellent though (but not as good as Flight of Passage).

We then had something to eat - loaded jacket potatoes which made a nice change - and then headed out of park via guest relations for Phoebe to request some stickers. She was given a celebrating 'national ice cream day' badge as her t-shirt had Mickey head ice creams on it and apparently it was national ice cream day.

Arrived back at the resort just after half 7 (only 7 people on the bus) and reunited with Jas.

Too hot to enjoy things properly today. Tomorrow is meant to be EMH at Animal Kingdom - let's see what happens!

Total steps:15,106
Cost of dining plan food consumed:$57.33 (no one seems to be eating properly!)

Edited at 10:38 AM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

O dear, hope everybody is feeling better soon.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Great selfie with the Storm Troopers!

Hope Jasmine felt better soon, very brave of her to head back alone. Glad you soldiered on though.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by DISNEYLIZ View Post
O dear, hope everybody is feeling better soon.
Much better today thanks
Old 18 Jul 17, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Gosh it does sound hot hot hot! So frustrating you cannot sort your uber out, maybe pm me your info etc and I will get george to have a look, he is tech genius! Hope Jas feels better xx

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope everyone is feeling better tomorrow. If Louise can't fix your Uber try putting a message in the cars and transport section. There's lots of Uber users who may be able to help get it sorted. I know we had problems the first time we tried to use it and ended using Mears but managed Ok the next attempt but I can't remember what we had to do.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
What a pity it was too hot today to stick to your plans. Sometimes you just have to accept some impromptu downtime when that happens eh? Happened to us too.

LOVING YOUR REPORT!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh dear, hope your girls are feeling better. The heat is my one big worry with our kids.
Fingers crossed for you all 🤞
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Hope everyone is feeling better tomorrow. If Louise can't fix your Uber try putting a message in the cars and transport section. There's lots of Uber users who may be able to help get it sorted. I know we had problems the first time we tried to use it and ended using Mears but managed Ok the next attempt but I can't remember what we had to do.
We gave up with uber and someone told us about Lyft. Worked first time!
Old 19 Jul 17, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
What a pity it was too hot today to stick to your plans. Sometimes you just have to accept some impromptu downtime when that happens eh? Happened to us too.

LOVING YOUR REPORT!
Thank you!