Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 27 Jun 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

You can also fly into Ft Myers (RSW) which is a great airport and covers the whole SW gulf coast and United Airlines and AA do connections from UK .
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SgtElias View Post
Thanks Mickey, I didn't know you could fly into Fort Lauderdale, I assume that is a stop in the US then the connection fly,s into there
We flew from Heathrow via JFK but there are now direct flights with BA and I think Norwegian still do this route.
Old 28 Jun 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

We just did a road trip ... into Tampa then took a route north to Crystal River, over to St Augustine, back to Mt Dora, down to Anna Maria and then all the way down the Gulf coast and the Keys to Key West. Stayed in 9 different accommodations. We flew back to Tampa from Key West.

Love our road trips and I promise to do a trippy soon!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anji View Post
We just did a road trip ... into Tampa then took a route north to Crystal River, over to St Augustine, back to Mt Dora, down to Anna Maria and then all the way down the Gulf coast and the Keys to Key West. Stayed in 9 different accommodations. We flew back to Tampa from Key West.

Love our road trips and I promise to do a trippy soon!
That sounds really good! I'll keep an eye out for your trippie; I'd love to read it.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 17, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SgtElias View Post
Thanks Mickey, I didn't know you could fly into Fort Lauderdale, I assume that is a stop in the US then the connection fly,s into there
BA start direct flights next week from Gatwick, currently their cheapest route in Florida but that might be to drum up interest. We got two flights and two weeks car hire in March for £950 in their current sale.

We love road trips and plan everything ourselves (which is part of the fun), last year we flew into Tampa then did Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Key West, Naples and AMI and have got a similar holiday next year.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
debste
Earning More Ears

road trip a few years ago ,went to naples ,sarasota and siesta key,fabulous beach ,sand never gets hot as its quartz.
debste is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Previously stayed at Miami, St Petes and Clearwater when combining with Orlando. This time we're flying into Miami. Four nights there and then picking up hire car from airport and driving to Cape Coral. Planning to visit definitely Naples, Sanibel and Captiva and have a few other "maybes" on list.
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Delta go from London Heathrow to fort Myers via Atlanta , this will be the first time trying this route this year .
Air Canada also go via Toronto
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I can recommend Key West, Naples & Sarasota. We've done Miami a few times and whilst a decent stop off I wouldn't go specially if it doesn't already feature in your plans, but would pick it over Fort Lauderdale for sure. Clearwater is also nice and relatively close to Orlando.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

We have done 4 nights HRH then 4 nights apartment in Miami, drove to Rotonda west for 6 nights in villa and 3 nights in hotelClearwater.

Felt like lots of different holidays in one, flew in and out of Tampa.