Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Jul 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Talking Follow that Dream! - Day 26 , August 26th 2016 -Havin' a giraffe in Animal Kingdom, A Farewell

Welcome back, and again I'm clock watching- 7 days until we go again and a determination to ensure I finish this
Thank you for all the continued posting and comments and Pm's too. Really appreciate knowing so many are reading all of these musings.

Yesterday - day 25 is here if you missed out

The whole index is a click away here.

A slow (ish) start, followed by our farewell to Animal Kingdom - knowing the place will never be or look the same again. Pandora was being built as we enjoyed!

Our Bruce song of the day is a

Welcome to day 26

Friday 26th August 2016

Planned FP's for today

Expedition Everest 12:10 PM - 1:10 PM
Finding Nemo - The Musical 1:30 PM - 1:50 PM
Kali River Rapids 2:55 PM - 3:55 PM

A pool morning and some time to relax in the sun, was how we started the day- having been awakened by the bin man and the grass cutter at just 8.30.. so much for a bloody lie in!:angry:

We pooled and simply took our time, before…

We headed to Animal Kingdom where the parking people were having a giraffe- no seriously!

Giraffe 45- at the very end of the row , we could have parked closer had we been at MK.

I'm sure they do it just to see your face when they dispatch the tram as you are half way from car to the team- I was seriously not feeling the magic - I was close to swearing but refrained at least until the boys were out of earshot. I declined the very kind offer to wait for the next tram and share the fact that I had already walked half way to the gate, so was going to keep walking.

It was such a memorable moment I even bought the tee shirt as little things like this have irked me on more than one occasion this trip.
We walked and arrived before the next tram.

I stopped short of the two fingered salute.

Once again Alison was the ‘chosen one’ for random and additional security – I’m sure she has one of those faces!

Beyond that , we headed in past the tree of life and to conquer Everest first as a fp and then in the single rider line twice .

We then took a stroll as we awaited the 2 pm Nemo show.
We were going to grab some food, but with time moving on and all of us procrastinating about what we wanted we settled on a bottle of water to stave off the hunger with a thought of Starbucks after the show.

We enjoyed a different cast at this show than seen previously- with so many shows a day 7 days a week I dread to think of the shift schedule that the actors endure.
Brilliant as always.

We did head to Starbucks and with no sandwiches left (see what procrastination brings you! )

We took the scone and lemon pound cake option.

A photopass pic later

we decided we would summon up the courage for the Kali River Rapids, Forgetting to use the new locker system (HUGE ERROR!) to keep your sack dry, seeing how wet those getting off were, this could be a problem for the autograph frames. We were too late and had not had the locker s highlighted to us.
As those in front of us donned ponchos so we became aware of previous soakings and the feeling of wet pants as you continue your day!

We got off lightly and the family who had three ponchos between six of them were the ones who got drenched .

We were relatively dry in comparison to most!- the sack was moist.
And the signatures on the photo frames were still untouched thanks to the triple layer of protection. I have little recollection of the whole River Rapid ride as I saw the whole collection of signatures on photo frame being ruined in an instant, an avoidable on too.

We then headed for the 4 pm nemo show which had a different cast from the 2 pm show.
Marlin, nemo and Dory were superb and the ending just drew that same intake of air as Marlin leaves the stage.

That intake I could only bottle and the look towards Nemo I would too. My very favourite moment in the whole of this holiday thing, always has been, and always will be .

We had a couple of Everest rides

and then called it a day as the clouds started to gather , we had thought about fitting in some mini golf but with one rain check already in the pocket we knew what was coming.

We stopped off at Walmart on the way back.
We made steak for dinner with the boys enjoying publix burgers.

The steak was delicious and looked as good as anything we could have bought whilst out.

The night was enjoyed in the pool as was the hot tub- today we all had that feeling that is the opposite way you feel the day before your holiday starts . We knew this was coming to an end and there was not an awful lot we could do about it.
Just one more park day to go and that will be us done.

Day 27 is a click here away

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:32 AM.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely day with some more good photos.

The steak looks good too
Old 19 Jul 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Love the t shirt...all Dads should have one!
Also love the scripted photo on EE with kids covering their eyes, fab keepsake
Glad the frames survived😜
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Brilliant close ups from the Nemo show and Everest photos that definitely made me smile. I'm rubbish at ride photos as I never know when the flash goes off - you're obviously all much more savvy than I am when it comes to these things. I'd definitely have an order of steak from you!
Old 19 Jul 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day the steak looks great

Joan
Old 19 Jul 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Some lovely photos there! And yes, Nemo is special.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow 2 Nemo shows in one day. Now I do love the show, but I don't think DH or DS would tolerate it twice in one day!

You looked like you were having fun doing your poses on EE.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Class Everest photo!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day at AK, can't believe Starbucks had no butties! I'd be ragin 😡😂😂
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh no, I even had the horrible sicky 'it's almost over' feeling reading this!

But, on the plus side, it's almost time to begin! If I don't 'talk' to you before you leave have a wonderful trip!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List