Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Jul 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And then there were Three! July 2017 - Day 10

INDEX

Day 10 - July 18th - 4 parks in one day!

Another 4.30 start so started on the report but miraculously I fell back asleep at some point and woke up at 6.50! Not sure if I switched off my Fitbit alarm in my sleep or if it gave up trying to wake me but I didn't feel it!

I told the girls last night that we needed to be leaving the room at 8.50 latest - the plan was to head to Hollywood studios and see the Beauty and the Beast stage show at 10am.

We left the room on time and only had to wait a couple of minutes for a bus.

We entered the park at 9.20 and checked the wait time for the great movie ride. We haven't been on this for years but as they announced the other day that it was closing for good on August 17th this year we thought we should give it a go. It was a 5 minute wait. I didn't think we'd have time as I was sure it was a long ride but phoebe assured me it was only 10 minutes.

We got off the ride at 9.59! and ran all the way to the theatre and got in just as it was starting - we didn't want to miss it as we were wearing our chip t-shirts today!

Show done, we nipped into Starbucks and picked up a pot of pineapple and 2 sausage, egg and cheese muffins and headed to the exit.

We got on the bus to Animal Kingdom at 10.55 and arrived at 11.10. We were the only 3 on it so it was like a private transfer. We made our way round to the theatre to see finding nemo the musical ready for the 12 o'clock showing. This show is great - humans operate puppets on stage and do the talking and singing but completely blend in with the scenery.

We were then in our fastpass window for Flight of Passage where we only had to wait 5 minutes until we were being matched with an Avatar. I think this is my new favourite ride

Time to head to the next park. We had to wait for a bus and it was 2.05 before we set off for Magic Kingdom. We were going to be cutting it fine to see the parade at three o'clock.

We pulled in at 2.30, bag check, into the park and headed to Pecos Bills restaurant to watch the parade and have some lunch.

All the good viewing places were full so we ended up behind the fence at Pecos - Phoebe wasn't happy! Especially when the parade started at 2.45! I had forgotten that I'd read something about the time changing and people moaning because it's always been known as the 3 o'clock parade.

Once the first few floats had been through I went and got some chicken for jas and fajitas for me. Phoebe had disappeared and reappeared once we'd got our food. She had the beef nachos.

Park number three complete! We left MK at 3.30 and were back at the resort for 4. A quick turnaround was needed as we needed to be back at the bus stop for 4.50. Quick shower and change of clothes - we are constantly soaked because it's just so hot and humid.

Back at the bus stop to Disney Springs and on the bus by 5. Half way there is started to chuck it down with rain and then the storm started. Time to poncho up. We had to get to the Cirque du Soleil building. Massive forked lightening was everywhere which made Phoebe and I scream. Huge claps of thunder and torrential rain. The ponchos weren't doing much. Jas and I were wearing trainers which were soaked through.

Cirque Du soleil 'La Nuba' is closing for good at the end of the year. We've seen it a couple of times before but I think the last time was 2008. A fantastic show as always with several heart stopping moments.

Luckily it had stopped raining by the time it had finished. The plan had been to go to Blaze for pizza but none of us were hungry. Jas didn't want to go to park number 4 so got the bus back to POFQ. Phoe and I headed to the bus stop to Boardwalk (you can't get buses to parks from Disney Springs) where we were going to walk through to Epcot.

This entrance comes out right by the UK so we picked up some chips and looked for for somewhere to eat them and wait for the Fireworks 'Reflections of earth'. We secured a table next to the rose and crown and by the time we'd finished eating it was time to start.

It was a mix of fireworks, lasers and water.

Rather than join the masses exiting the park we decided to see what the wait time was for test track as it was extra magic hours. 80minutes! Single rider was only 20 minutes and as we'd never ridden it in the dark we decided to go for it.

Great ride

We headed out of the park and to the bus stop. We could see a bus waiting so ran and it pulled away just before we got there. If we hadn't stopped for a memory maker photo we would have made it!

Back to the resort for 10.40. Shattered and with shrivelled feet but we'd done it - all 4 parks in one day.

Jas was watching tv and the second episode of Outdaughtered was repeated at 11 so we watched that and went to bed just after midnight!

Total steps: 20,969
Cost of dining plan food consumed: $89.71

Edited at 01:20 PM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Four parks in one day! Yay! Well done that's good going, some great photos too, love Phoebe in her rainmac lol! Such a shame the Great Movie Ride is closing down. There wont be anything original left in HS soon.
What is 'Outdaughtered'? Do I need to watch this?

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Four parks in one day! Yay! Well done that's good going, some great photos too, love Phoebe in her rainmac lol! Such a shame the Great Movie Ride is closing down. There wont be anything original left in HS soon.
What is 'Outdaughtered'? Do I need to watch this?
I don't know why they didn't just modernise the great movie ride and to me the park still doesn't look right with the hat missing!
Outdaughtered is a reality tv show - a Texas couple with a 6 year old daughter and a set of 2year old quintuplets (all girls)
Old 19 Jul 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

What a great day

I'm really enjoying your updates thankyou for posting.
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Another very busy day, you guys are hardcore!

We have never seeing La Nouba, and now that it's going I really regret that.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another great day. I'm gutted about La Nouba - I'd been planning to see this next year :-(.
Is it being replaced with another Cirque show?
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Wow you packed a lot in today with the four parks and Cirque Du Soleil!
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Another great day. I'm gutted about La Nouba - I'd been planning to see this next year :-(.
Is it being replaced with another Cirque show?
I'm not sure - I'd like to think so. La Nouba has been there for years so it is time for a change. Not sure what else they'd do with the building if they don't use it for something like Cirque
Old 25 Jul 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Jam packed day, we have la nouba tickets for next month, never been before.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List