Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 5 Jul 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lynnieleigh
Proud to wear my Ears

lynnieleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Kennedy Space Center Morning launch

We'll be in Florida for the 3rd August rocket launch. Kennedy doesn't open until 9am and the launch is scheduled for 9:02.

Is it likely they'll open early so you can buy the additional launch tickets or did you think they'll not offer it and it's best to look at the other good places like Titusville?

Any information about morning launches would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 5 Jul 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

We are planning to go to this as well whilst there although I hadn't noted how early the launch is.

You make a good point though; how will this work? The additional launch tickets normally apply from 3 hours before the launch; are they really going to be letting people in from 06:02?! I can't see that somehow.

Perhaps the launch time will change? I've not seen a launch time that early before.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Their site does say:

"Availability of viewing opportunities and locations is dependent upon the scheduled launch time and is subject to NASA and/or U.S. Air Force approval."

and

"Official launch dates and times are posted as soon as they are available."
Old 5 Jul 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lynnieleigh
Proud to wear my Ears

lynnieleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by One Team View Post
Their site does say:

"Availability of viewing opportunities and locations is dependent upon the scheduled launch time and is subject to NASA and/or U.S. Air Force approval."

and

"Official launch dates and times are posted as soon as they are available."
The time is on the Kennedy website. I don't think they'll offer the tickets with it being so early. But interested if anyone has had experience of a morning launch to confirm.

Just have to wait for the 2 wks before the launch to know 100%.

Edited at 10:38 PM.
lynnieleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Not seen any more on this have you?
Old 16 Jul 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Hi LL

We are also planning to see this launch, so been watching for answers to your q, and checking nasa page regularly. noticed this on there today

kennedyspacecenter/e...atlas-v-tdrs-m

I think that means they will sell tickets - from other launches on their website, the tickets usually go up around 2 weeks before so I think they will be available on ticket page sometime this week.

Because we are staying at cocoa for 2 nights, we are thinking of leaving visiting kennedy to the next day, as the launch might make it busier and difficult to see everything, and watching from space view park in titsuville. if they offer tickets to watch from nasa causeway then we might do that, but the linked page hints not.

Lets hope the launch goes smoothly on the 3rd. Have a great hols. D
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
debste
Earning More Ears

years ago ,i went to see a space shuttle launch,launch time was 8.45am,i had tickets for launch and we were let into space centre about 5am,very long queues with buses taking you to the launch site.so hopefully this will still apply
debste is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Looks like we'll need to be there at 06:00 then!
Old 19 Jul 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Launch tickets are selling out quick guys...
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Looks like its been scrubbed?. hope none of you bought tickets. florida review seems clearest

"TBC, 2017 - United Launch Alliance Atlas V Rocket, TDRS M

The United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket will launch the Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System (TDRSS) that will provide communications between Mission Control and the International Space Station and other orbiting satellites.

Launch is from launch pad SLC–41.

Moved up from August 4, 2017 to August 3 and then delayed following an incident at the Astrotech Space Operations plant in Titusville, that damaged the Omni S-band antenna."
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List