Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Jul 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

The Hendo's Dream Florida Holiday... Take Two - Day 8.. Universal Stuidos & Bubba Gumps

Day 8 felt hotter for some reason, we left the villa around 9am heading for Universal Studios which id planned with the busy day guide, and stopped at an IHop on the way. Food was really good, no complaints, it was very busy but we didnt have to wait too long.

A mosquito had gotten into my bedroom and had a feast overnight, i had about 8 bites all over my legs and i always take a bad reaction to them my legs were swollen and itchy, sore and weepy and i felt quite uncomfortable. I dosed myself up with antihistimines, painkillers and slathered on some bite cream and tried to cheer up as we were on our way to our first Universal park of the trip!

It was reasonably busy, and some of the rides queues felt too long so we just skipped past them knowing we would be coming back either on the way out or another day. We rode the Mummy twice... becuase you have to... the kids rode Rip Ride Rocket twice, Transformers, Men in Black and the Simpsons, stopped for a Big Pink and walked through Diagon Alley.

It was far too busy so we spoke to the night bus driver and took some photos, and decided we were tired and ready for dinner so wondered back to Citywalk, taking pics on the way. We went via ET and had to go on, even thoguh it is so tired but its a classic. Max dropped his sunglasses half way round so we joked that nect time we rode it, ET might be wearing them ha ha.

The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium looks amazing at night, we had hoped to visit but never managed unfortunately. Next time

Getting some Dibb insider talk about a Landry card, i had applied for one and said my bithday month was July as you do, and as you get the priority seating which was great as there was quite a big queue that we walked right past!

We took part in the Forest Gump quiz and smashed it, becuase we had only just watched the film for about the 20th time before we went, and had great food. Tom got his dinner in a 'Jennoy' boat which he loved, and we all came away with a flashing glass each.

On returning to the car park where we were parked on the roof, there was a strange storm looming right overhead, like ive never seen before. Every 3 or 4 seconds lightening would light up the sky and clouds right above us, but there was no thunder and no rain. It was really odd. We stayed to watch it for about ten mins and it kept on like that. Back at the villa it seemed like there was a storm in every direction, so hubby and the kids stayed outside to try and film it on the Gopro. I joined them for 5 mins but could feel myself getting bitten all over so i had to go indoors. I never got bitten once in the September we first visited, what a difference a few months make.

We all needed to get to bed at a decent time as we had Discovery Cove tomorrow and it was Toms 12th birthday! Exciting!

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Lovely day.gotta love a landrys card 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List