Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Jul 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gazpacho
Apprentice Imagineer

Boathouse vs Homecomin

As the title says ... your views on The Boathouse vs Chef Art Smith's Homecomin please (Boathouse is 2 x TS credits and Homecomin only 1 credit)
Old 20 Jul 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

I've said many times on here that Homecomin' was our absolute favourite out of 14 TS meals last year, including 1TS & signatures. This included eating at The Boathouse.

Have to say the Boathouse was a bit of a disappointment last time even though we had loved our first visit 2yrs ago. There wasn't anything overly *wrong* but it just wasn't wow either. There are much better signatures in my opinion (Morimoto Asia for starters!)

Whereas I think Homecomin' is so much better than most 1TS. The service, atmosphere & food are all fab. Don't think I've read a bad review for it yet.

Oh & it's the only ADR I have made for this year. Couldn't not go!

Edited at 03:51 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I totally agree with the above! Homecomin was absolutely amazing, we both loved it and want to go back again next October!

The fried chicken was absolutely to die for and the mac and cheese was probably the best I have ever had!

We really loved the atmosphere of the restaurant too.

I havent eaten at the Boathouse to give a view on that, although it is on our list for next year!
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I wasn't a big fan of the Boathouse and definitely wouldn't use 2 credits on it.
We didn't manage to fit Homecomin' in and I'm still upset about it! It gets great reviews.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
rubberduckie89
Excited about Disney

rubberduckie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would say it depends on what you want to eat! The Boathouse is much more to my taste as I think the menu for Homecomin' looks a bit heavy/unhealthy.
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We went to the Boathouse a couple of years ago and paid OOP rather than use our credits, we didn't think it was very good to be honest and wouldn't rush back, just our opinion though.

We haven't been to Homecoming but have it booked for next month after reading very good reviews about it.
Old 21 Jul 17, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I think it's like comparing chalk and cheese.
We like the food at both but boathouse is more upscale.
Service wise we find the service in boathouse is more attentive.
We love the lobster roll in boathouse and chicken sandwich in homecoming.
Choice is yours both are great in our opinion...
Old 21 Jul 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I would never recommned Boathouse as we had horrible service, slooooooooow meal, undercooked scallops and a pretty dire experience, others love it, but it aint for me!
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Homecomin' for us.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Out of the two, I prefer the Boathouse menu. Homecoming just looks too heavy for me although I've only heard rave reviews if you like that style of food!

But definitely check the Boathouse menu for pricing first. Just saying because depending what you choose, it can be a really poor use of 2 credits as a lot of the entrees are barely 1 credit pricing. I have it as an optional OOP if we run out of credits (depends how many Signatures I end up booking) towards the end of the stay.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List