Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Jul 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Okwgirl
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dansgirl View Post
Staying here at the end of September, do you have a fridge in the room? I think I read that you should have one but just checking.
Yes, all rooms have a fridge (empty, not a mini bar) which is a fairly decent size
Okwgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Okwgirl View Post
Yes, all rooms have a fridge (empty, not a mini bar) which is a fairly decent size
The fridges in the refurbished rooms are much smaller, you can't stand a bottle in them
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Okwgirl
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Not sure if they're different in different rooms. We're in a refurbished room and have had the fridge stacked with various bottles (including wine) so haven't any complaints.
Okwgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Beach club marketplace sells mickey waffles for breakfast we had them most mornings with syrup or bacon or plain .you can walk into here from the yacht club as they are essentially one building

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Echoing a previous poster with your itinerary.

Absolutely no offence intended as this sounds harsh as it's really, really not meant to be but ... it's a common theme with first timers ... You have a lot packed in and after a while it can become a chore trying to match expectations. times that by 10 with young children. Adrenaline only takes us so far.

I'm a massive planner - dining, theme parks, FP, the whole kaboosh - but learnt the hard way before finding the DIBB to plan in lots of downtime and the occasional day off. Doesn't mean you have to do nothing - just means you don't feel a pressing need to do something.

As mentioned, the first few evening are a real struggle. I particularly remember dining at Raglan Road many years ago on our second night at 6pm which was a really miserable experience. We were all so tired, could barely utter a sentence but had booked it and felt the need to go.

Day 4 and 6 for example. all day at MK and AK followed by ADR and ROL. that would just destroy me. Maybe go in the morning, back to Yacht Club for R&R for a few hours - shower/freshen up and back for the ADRs light show. It's the huge advantage of staying onsite.

Never underestimate how energy sapping a water park (my favourite parks) can be if you have plans later in the day.

We always plan the early mornings/relaxing evenings for week one when you will be awake at stupid o clock. Then the later starts/later evenings for week 2 when body clock has caught up and maybe fancy the odd lie in.

Whatever though - first time - you will love it. Can't go wrong with a pre rope drop ADR at Crystal Palace. Enjoy.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

yes, there is a fridge in the room
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
Thank you, that's all really helpful. I hope the parking isn't an issue as we have a hire car for our 17 night stay.

Did you find any other decent quick service options particularly for breakfast nearby? Thinking something suitable for kids with mickey waffles or similar.

What are the pool hours? IS the pool bar any good?

Thanks x

Parking was easy and fine when we were there - got back on Saturday. There was a conference on for 2 days which made it busier but still able to get a space.

Small quiet pool was closed most of our fortnight as was the laundry facilities due to construction work.

The new quick service is fab with 2 coke freestyle machines which had loads of choices for drinks.

On a side not we requested high floor beside elevators - we were given both but we were beside the single elevator at the opposite end of the resort. However the elevator was out of order for most days so it was a looooooong walk back to our room!
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
The fridges in the refurbished rooms are much smaller, you can't stand a bottle in them
I took one shelf out of the fridge and had plenty of room for bottles of water at the bottom and cans on the remaining shelf. I was in a refurbished room.
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Might see you there! We have a pool/lagoon view room booked and I've got everything crossed that we'll have a perfect boardwalk view! Hopefully the refurbed captain's grille will open on time too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Okwgirl View Post
Wow - a planner after my own heart! It looks like you're packing a lot in.

My only advice would be that it looks very intensive. It's more tiring than you might think being here and the kids in particular may find it hard keeping up that pace. You might want to build in some 'down' days and days to have a lie in (particularly after a few days or after a late evening the night before)

We always find evenings a challenge in the first few days due to the jet lag then later in the holiday end up with later mornings.

The food is rich and there's a lot of it and that coupled with the walking does have a culmulative effect. Be prepared to be flexible with your plans and cancel things if the family are flagging.
I would like more down days but it's hard to decide what the lose from our plans. Any suggestions on which days to change to down days? Thanks for your tips
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List