Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Feb 07, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Nice view of the boat dock for the Illuminations Cruises, seen from our balcony:

Down to CC Lounge for usual martini and Bud, then presented ourselves at the Yacht Club Galley at 6.55pm, shown to our table immediately - this is where the trouble started lol. We were being shown to our table when a server placed another family there, our 'manager' improvised and just put us at another one - in a terrible place, near the swinging doors room where they take all the dirty plates etc and right under a freezing AC vent. The restaurant was two thirds empty! We asked to be moved, this was agreed somewhat reluctantly - we later found out that the servers can only "cover" 12 guests and she had put us at the next 'open' table, not great for guests though - it was also on the thoroughfare that all guests had to walk past to be seated.

At our new table, our server was warm and friendly, Ivan. We made our order and asked for the wine pairing "with the entree please" (take note, important lol). We were brought very yummy warm onion bread rolls and butter, these turned out to be the best part of the whole meal:

I had the New England Clam Chowder, which I would describe as just ok, it was very gloopy, like they had put too much cornflower in it?:

Tin had the Crab Cakes, he said that they were fine but on the small side and ranked them third out of the four he had eaten so far:

I had then ordered the Pork Chop with Cauliflower Mash and Mushrooms, sounded yummy:

I ate a little bit more and then the pork turned pink in the middle, it was not very hot and I cannot tell you how sloppy, lukewarm and tasteless the mash was, although the picture gives an indication.

Tin ordered the Topside Sirloin with Fingerling Potatoes:

This he found to be extremely tough, with a thick layer of gristle through it.
As we were both trying to make the most of this, the wine arrived! We had tried to eat as much as we could and it was way too late for wine.

Tin asked for the manager - who came and was full of excuses (not apologies), they get the wine orders from the CC Lounge and may have to wait, busy kitchen (cold food) - errm well if it was we did not know where? Tin being an expert at Customer Service, basically said that we were trying to explain what the guest experience was, not listen to her service issues! The upshot was that she did apologise and then said that she would not debit the meal from our TS credits - hooray.
We did offer to pay for the wine as Ivan was most apologetic and we were worried he may have to pay for it - we had no issue with him, it was the food and service from the manager (she who had given us the rubbish table at the beginning) - Ivan insisted he would "sort it" and even offered us a free dessert - we had no appetite by now, so thanked him, declined and left.

Would we recommend this restaurant, on this performance - no way!

Feeling quite pleased with the result of this problem (having an extra TS credit left) - we went to Concierge and gave up our Cape May x1TS ADR, swapping it for another at the Yachtsman Steakhouse - x2 TS ADR. Whilst we were there, David at Concierge asked us if we were having a good time at the YC - mistake! Of course we were except for the Housekeeping, we had noticed that the sink plug was now broken too as we had left for our meal. He patiently listened to our winges and then placed a $75 credit on our room. He then got us laughing by asking if midnight was a good time to send maintenance up to repair the sink - excellent guest service!

Back to room for wine and Illuminations from the balcony.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 07, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Oh dear, just made my ADR's (we are staying here) so booked it for the first night and breakfast one day. Hope we fare better than your unfortunate experience.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 07, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes, must admit this didn't fill me full of hope. We are staying at the YC this year and I'm hoping things will have improved. It would seem that the housekeeping seems to constantly get from average to very bad reviews on every site I look at I just don't understand why they haven't put it right. Its not the cheapest place to stay and they should know the customers will be expecting a cut above.

Ah well I'm sure it'll be fine... won't it?

Cheers
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 07, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Not the best meal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 07, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List