Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Jul 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are going on Harmony of the Seas. I have booked the refreshment package at £13.50 a day each. It doesn't include alcohol but does include all speciality coffees, fresh orange juice, bottled water,soda and virgin cocktails. At the minute the alcohol package for our cruise is £35 a day each. The price fluctuates regularly but you can cancel and rebook if you see it cheaper. Considering a glass of wine is starting at £10, soda £3 and the same for a bottle of water and a £4 for a latte. During a day that will soon add up. You do need to keep checking rcl site all the time for the reductions. I may cancel my package for an alcohol one before we go, DH is happy with soft drinks but the price is only the cost of a couple of glasses of wine, a latte and one soft drink a day. Just remember to keep checking the price of the package to see if it has gone down.

Edited at 08:18 PM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We cruised on Celebrity from Rome to Miami in late October 2015 had a balcony and were very glad we did. The weather in Rome was warm when we left and the only cool weather we faced was a weather system which had come down from Scotland as we were near Gibraltar. After that the weather consistantly improved as we got nearer the Caribbean where we had some stops before arriving in Miami. Would we do this again on a balcony definitely but if we were sailing the northern route into New York arriving in November then we would probably select an oceanview cabin as doubt we would be able to sit outside.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
oateyboy
Excited about Disney

We have booked for Harmony of the Seas for October 2018.

I am gaining all my info from a forum on this site royalcaribbeanblog/

Sorry admin if I have broken any rules by posting an alternative forum address.

There is so much to find out as first time cruisers
oateyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

I find royalcaribbeanblog/ has lots of info too. I have also joined a few Facebook groups. I did sign up to cruise critic but I found people on there forum could be not quite as friendly as dibbers !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

So i booked with free onboard credit and 20% off... they are now offer 30% off and free wifi for duration... do you think thats better than the $1200 dollars credit we have?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

TBH I don't really trust the rcl prices ! It is now s 30% off sale for our cruise but in reality the cruise is now double what we paid. Which cruise is it ? $1200 sounds pretty good to me.
Old 12 Jul 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jsl0801
Very Serious Dibber

Really fancy a rc cruise i saw last night but I cannot believe the price of the drinks package $55 per person per day.. This is ridiculous. We were only £20 each per day on MSc DIvina last month
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by jsl0801 View Post
Really fancy a rc cruise i saw last night but I cannot believe the price of the drinks package $55 per person per day.. This is ridiculous. We were only £20 each per day on MSc DIvina last month
It is on offer at the minute for £35 on for our cruise but now rcl have brought in this rule of all adults having to buy it I won't bother. DH doesn't want it. We have the refreshment package for sodas, speciality coffees and virgin cocktails. This is £20 now but we bought it at £13. You need to keep going on the website for offers.
I guess they make the base price low and then add extras. It will be the tips for 4 which I find expensive.
Old 20 Jul 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
babycanaansmum
Very Serious Dibber

Hi,

We did this same cruise in the opposite direction in April on Independence and have booked the October 18 cruise too - we had such a great time! They have dropped St Kitts from the itinerary but that's not a huge deal, the other stops are great. We are looking forward to doing the cruise Westbound instead of East as we gain time and get to go to Florida at the end rather that ending our holiday in Southampton which was depressing.

There are speciality restaurants for an upcharge but to be honest we didn't bother, the Main Dining room was wonderful for dinner and we even went to the Windjammer for dinner too. Try the dining room for lunch and breakfast too - we only discovered it was open half way through and regretted not going sooner, there is also Sorrentos pizza and Café Promenade for food too, you wont be hungry! Tea and coffee and basic flavoured waters and still lemonade are availiable free of charge too.