Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 17, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

RCI med cruise 29th July ex Southampton

Hi all,

We are off on our first cruise on 29th July around the med.

I can't wait we are going with Me, better half, DS (12) SIL, her daughter(14) and BIL so 6 in total to use 3 cabins (boo single person supplement :angry: )

Booked Guarantee hoping to have a 4 berth but we lucked out so son sleeping with BIL (not ideal)

We are on Deck 9 not got a clue about anything despite cruise critic's help.

Anyone else going give a wave

Edited at 10:27 AM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
rockgems
Excited about Disney

We are going too, can't wait. It's me, DH and DS 16. DS loves cruising, he joins the teen club on the first night and then we never see him except for meals and excursions.
I would recommend that the kids visit the kids clubs on the first night as that's when they make friends.

Edited at 10:32 AM.
rockgems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

we go week before you on navigator. Would echo Rockgems suggestion about going to kids club on first night- You can actually sign up for the kids up just before you walk up the gangplank, they are usually at the top of the stairs. My daughter cannot wait, last year she made lots of friends, and was even crowned 'prom queen' on their last night when they had a mini prom.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Oh thanks guys I'm sure my DS 12 and DN 14 will disappear however my wife and SIL are worried about predators on the boat. I'm not too concerned but I suppose with 4000 people you can't really be sure who you are sailing with.

SIL is wanted walkie talkies but I don't really want to lumber the kids with any and I'm sure the kids will be around anyway.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
rockgems
Excited about Disney

Never used Walkie talkies. We have pre arranged meeting points and times. If he doesn't show on time he has to spend the rest of the day with us, never happened yet 😏.
We also use a white board in the cabin to leave messages which works well.

With regards to predators, they can be anywhere but we have a safety talk about never going in to any cabins or allowing anyone in our cabin. The staff get to know the teenagers walking around quite well and they will be keeping an eye on them. DS stuck to public areas when with his friends as that's where all the fun stuff is.
rockgems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Please, please you guys post pics and comments when you get back, this is something I want to do so any help would be appreciated. Have a good time.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Oh thanks guys I'm sure my DS 12 and DN 14 will disappear however my wife and SIL are worried about predators on the boat. I'm not too concerned but I suppose with 4000 people you can't really be sure who you are sailing with.

SIL is wanted walkie talkies but I don't really want to lumber the kids with any and I'm sure the kids will be around anyway.
We are going on Harmony of the Seas in October. Royal Caribbean have an app called IQ you can buy for £8 ish which you can use for texting and calling on the ship. Turn your mobile data off. We have been worrying about our 12 year old daughter wandering about the ship as well. We thought we would have the app on our phones to contact and have regular meeting places. We will also get a wow band(like a magic band) so she can get drinks without carrying her seapass around.

Hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

I'm sure I read somewhere that walkie talkies don't work too well. We have meeting points through the day and we go and see her up at the kids club a various points, seems to work for us.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We are going on Harmony of the Seas in October. Royal Caribbean have an app called IQ you can buy for £8 ish which you can use for texting and calling on the ship. Turn your mobile data off. We have been worrying about our 12 year old daughter wandering about the ship as well. We thought we would have the app on our phones to contact and have regular meeting places. We will also get a wow band(like a magic band) so she can get drinks without carrying her seapass around.

Hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise !
Hope you have a great cruise, unfortunately the IQ is only available on quantum class cruises.

We'll be ok with mobile data as thanks to the EU in europe the roaming charges are finished.

I'm buying a mobile pAYG card from a belgian operator which has 4 gig of data per month. I've read that the ship doesn't sail too far away from land during the med cruise and we shall be in port most days
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Hope you have a great cruise, unfortunately the IQ is only available on quantum class cruises.

We'll be ok with mobile data as thanks to the EU in europe the roaming charges are finished.

I'm buying a mobile pAYG card from a belgian operator which has 4 gig of data per month. I've read that the ship doesn't sail too far away from land during the med cruise and we shall be in port most days
I didn't realise the app wasn't available on all the ships. Great now you can use phone allowance in Europe ! Hope you put a bit of a review and some photos on if you can !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List