Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Jul 17, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
airhostess767
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Toria_dee View Post
Hello from sunny Davenport...

As promised here is my play by play for Avis Preffered.

We arrived into Fort Lauderdale after connecting through Philadelphia. It was a case of grab the bags and head to the garage.

As expected my name wasn't on the preferred board so I made my way to the preferred desk opposite the boards.

The girl asked my name and confirmed dates etc. She asked to see my driving license & the credit card registered to my account (I used my current account debit card). Once she confirmed all these details were correct and corresponded with what Avis had on file, she printed me a slip and told me the parking bay of my car.

I asked about my additional driver and she asked if any where my spouse, I pointed to my h and said him. As expected she said he's covered automatically and they didn't need his details, but I had an additional driver I could add so my FIL gave over his driving license. The agent also confirmed it was all paid for and we just needed to bring it back with a full tank of fuel.

We made our way to the garage, loaded the car and were off.

My debit card was charged $99, but at the moment it's showing as a hold, not an actual charge, so I'll keep an eye and see what's what.

Car wise we booked BA flydrive and the car was Chevrolet Suburban (or similar), we have been given a Ford Expedition EL. It massive, very roomy and just lovely (as car goes). We managed 4 adults, 3 children, 6 suitcases, 7 hand luggage suitcases and a pram with ease.

So I've been up over 24 hrs now and heading to bed, but hoping my info re 1st time preferred rentals.

Easy as pie, she also confirmed that on my next hire my name will show on the board so no need for the kiosk.
Thanks for taking the time out of your holiday to share this! It's very helpful, have a wonderful time!
airhostess767 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hello from sunny Davenport...

As promised here is my play by play for Avis Preffered.

We arrived into Fort Lauderdale after connecting through Philadelphia. It was a case of grab the bags and head to the garage.

As expected my name wasn't on the preferred board so I made my way to the preferred desk opposite the boards.

The girl asked my name and confirmed dates etc. She asked to see my driving license & the credit card registered to my account (I used my current account debit card). Once she confirmed all these details were correct and corresponded with what Avis had on file, she printed me a slip and told me the parking bay of my car.

I asked about my additional driver and she asked if any where my spouse, I pointed to my h and said him. As expected she said he's covered automatically and they didn't need his details, but I had an additional driver I could add so my FIL gave over his driving license. The agent also confirmed it was all paid for and we just needed to bring it back with a full tank of fuel.

We made our way to the garage, loaded the car and were off.

My debit card was charged $99, but at the moment it's showing as a hold, not an actual charge, so I'll keep an eye and see what's what.

Car wise we booked BA flydrive and the car was Chevrolet Suburban (or similar), we have been given a Ford Expedition EL. It massive, very roomy and just lovely (as car goes). We managed 4 adults, 3 children, 6 suitcases, 7 hand luggage suitcases and a pram with ease.

So I've been up over 24 hrs now and heading to bed, but hoping my info re 1st time preferred rentals.

Easy as pie, she also confirmed that on my next hire my name will show on the board so no need for the kiosk.
Thanks very much for the update Toria Dee. Sounds like it went like clockwork and I'm sure it will help lots of other Dibbers.

Now get your hankie out in readiness for MK. You know what I mean

Mick
Old 5 Jul 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
VIP Dibber

Aww Mick we're not doing MK until next week. So plenty of time to but that massive box of tissues

We're going to spend the first week relaxing etc. Just waiting on the rest of them getting up and then heading out for breakfast and to Walmart.

xx

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
First time on-site CSR March 2025
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Aww Mick we're not doing MK until next week. So plenty of time to but that massive box of tissues

We're going to spend the first week relaxing etc. Just waiting on the rest of them getting up and then heading out for breakfast and to Walmart.

xx
Joan's expecting a trippy Even if it's just "sitting round the pool reading", "ditto", "ditto".

Mick
Old 5 Jul 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by airhostess767 View Post
Thanks for taking the time out of your holiday to share this! It's very helpful, have a wonderful time!
No problem. I typed it all out in the car on the drive up to Davenport then posted once I had wifi

xx

Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the info it's our first time using Avis preferred and booking through BA. Can I ask does your paperwork say $0 in the to pay balance.
Old 7 Jul 17, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
Thanks for the info it's our first time using Avis preferred and booking through BA. Can I ask does your paperwork say $0 in the to pay balance.
Sorry, just seeing this now.

I'm not sure, I'll check tomorrow when we're out as it's in the car. The girl at the desk did say it was all prepaid and just to bring it back full.

xx

Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
Old 8 Jul 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Your BA vouchers states ore paid. This is paid when you take it to the booth in the car park(though lady year they didnt need it) when you pick up the car, then the bill us automatically paid. This us why if you log into the Avis website before picking the car up states a bill.
But your voucher pays it
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
VIP Dibber

Another quick reply.

The hold of £78 put on my bank card by Avis for the car was returned to me last night. The ££ never left my bank, but was frozen so all in around 10 working days. Not sure if this is the standard time frame or just my bank (Barclays).

Right off to the pool for a bit

Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

BA Vouchers are paid in full, but this last time, the doofus at the kiosk in the garage (preferred member, but no name on board) didn't process the voucher, so Avis took the full value from my Amex when we returned.

A month later, after getting BA involved, full refund of monies (worked out to be more due to interest rate fluctuations) a few bonus Avios, and still get airmiles for the money taken from card, and returned.

Not plain sailing, but worked out in our favour.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List