Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 1 Jul 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

Disney Only Plan

Hi all.

I'm not going to WDW til May next year, but am enjoying the planning, and since I need to book ADR's in advance, I thought I may as well crack on with it lol.

I'm going with my son, who will be having his 11th birthday on the day we fly out. Now I've left a couple of float days in the middle of the week, just in case rain messes up days or I decide to do a day trip, and the plans near the end of the week are a bit more relaxed. Ds loves messing about in water hence the water parks featuring a fair bit but they could be changed depending on what he wants.

I've been debating about doing Discovery Cove with the Dolphins, but that is a big increase in cost and since you get free passes to other parks like Aquatica and Seaworld included, I reckon fitting all those in would just be too hectic. My thought is to do just Disney, but splurge and do the things I wanted to do but have thought they'd be too expensive, such as hoop, the amphibicars at DS and the buffets, like Boma, that I thought wouldn't be cost effective paying adult price for a skinny little 11 year old lol. I can always save up and do DC and US next time I guess.

Anyway, this is just the 1st stage of the plan. The day we fly out is Memorial Day is the USA so I expect over the period we are there it will be busy.

Do the logistics look OK? I will probably buy the Park to Park bus option (forgot it's name lol) but it's more getting to and from DS for fireworks etc that I'm worried about.

Here's the plan, thank you x
Faythy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I think it seems grand, we've done disney only a few times and it gives you time to go at a reduced pace and enjoy it!
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Only thing is you have a walk from AKL to Maccas for breakfast one day, it's close but I don't think it's a walk, could be wrong
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 17, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
It sounds lovely only problem I can see is on your Epcot day you have soarin and test track fp but you can only book one of them .its not a problem as you just ride one on stand by and do the other fp .also the walk to McDonalds might be too much in the heat ,which resort are you in ?

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry, should have stated that I'm staying in the Sports resort, so believe Maccy D's will be on the way to the golf course and Blizzard Beach. Wouldn't normally chose Maccy's for a holiday breakfast lol, but thought ds might want to see the difference to ours and try their menu.

As for the Epcot fast passes, I changed that just yesterday, completely forgetting about the tier system, wondering why I didn't have the best rides both as fast passes. Silly me lol.

A few of the restaurants that I want to venture to are in Disney Springs. Are there buses from the parks to DS but not from DS to the parks? Is there plenty to do at DS to fill a couple of afternoons?

Last question. Is getting to The Mara for 7am from Sports, then onto AK for rope drop doable?

Edited at 02:32 PM.
Faythy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I love doing McD breakfast in the US, always make a point to go at least once every holiday - the biscuits are great!

Mara for 7am ahead of AK rope drop is a great plan, I actually have it on ours as well. But you'll need to get an Uber rather than rely on Disney transport. I think you'd be fine to get to AK around that time (buses typically start around 6:30) but then you'd have to get over to AKL and I doubt many run in the reverse direction that early.

DS is mainly shopping and dining. There's also a cinema, bowling and some street entertainment if you're into that. For me it would be one afternoon rather than two. But the park buses only run directly to DS after 4pm, so you'd have to go to a resort and switch or get a SSR/OKW bus and walk/catch a boat from there. Same in reverse - get a Contemporary bus for MK, or BC/YC for Epcot/HS and walk.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

Thanks for the advice! Have already looked at the McDonald's menu and noticed it had biscuits on it. They look like a savoury scone. Will be trying them.

I've a feeling I'm going to be using uber a fair bit during the course of the holiday. May end up changing things about tho with regards to meals and restaurant choices.

What is the indoor theme park like at DS? Good enough to keep an 11 year old busy for a couple of hours?