Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 3 Jul 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
BoltofLight
Trying for More Ears

Advice - Trying to fit in Happily Ever After Dessert Party

I'm hoping you can help me try to fit the Happily Ever After fireworks party into our itinery for July 2017.

DD6 is visually impaired and after reading reviews of Happily Ever After, its becoming clear that we need to be close to the castle to see the projections. So I think the fireworks party @ Plaza Gardens may be a good way to get to see the fireworks without having to wait for ages.

We have a few days at Magic Kingdom but I'm not sure which day to fit it into, given our dinner reservations as well:

Wednesday 26th July -
Dinner at 1900 P. Fare at 18:00

Saturday 29th July
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo at 16:00
Cinderellas Royal Table at 18:00

Which day would you pick for the Happily Ever After dessert party? As I'm not sure after being seated at either dinner and then trying to get to the Tomorrow Land Terrace Restaurant is doable for 20:00 in time for HEA at 21:00. Or is there a disabled viewing spot which we could use?
BoltofLight is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I've heard that the CRT has you in and out quite quickly (i.e. 2 hours for dinner would be unlikely) but you're not really going to want to eat the desserts so soon after dinner. Could you bring either of your dining reservations forward to an earlier time? Do you have any other days where you have a free afternoon and nothing planned in the evening (assuming you have tickets that allow you to 'park hop'?).

Otherwise - your CRT day logically has you in the park and should be finished in time, but if you wanted to try and move the ADR, I imagine the other would be easier, but then you have to travel into the park.

Sorry, probably not much help - it sounds easier on the CRT, but my 6 year old would really want to try the desserts!
DLP DCR - 2009

Edited at 04:28 PM.
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
BoltofLight
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I've heard that the CRT has you in and out quite quickly (i.e. 2 hours for dinner would be unlikely) but you're not really going to want to eat the desserts so soon after dinner. Could you bring either of your dining reservations forward to an earlier time? Do you have any other days where you have a free afternoon and nothing planned in the evening (assuming you have tickets that allow you to 'park hop'?).

Otherwise - your CRT day logically has you in the park and should be finished in time, but if you wanted to try and move the ADR, I imagine the other would be easier, but then you have to travel into the park.

Sorry, probably not much help - it sounds easier on the CRT, but my 6 year old would really want to try the desserts!
Thanks for your reply Its nice to hear another take on what to do.

Through using the dinner reservation finder tool from TouringPlans, I managed to move the 1900 Park Fare meal earlier to 17:25 from 18:00 to give us a little more space (no availability on CRT to move at all like you say!). So I've booked the HEA party with desserts on that date.

Also with the CRT reservation, I couldn't move it around too much as I also have three FPs for Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Meeting Cinderella/Elena and Rapunzel/Tiana that day which would have been affected and it'd be nice to get do them whilst the twins are all dressed up from BBB.
BoltofLight is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BoltofLight View Post
I'm hoping you can help me try to fit the Happily Ever After fireworks party into our itinery for July 2017.

DD6 is visually impaired and after reading reviews of Happily Ever After, its becoming clear that we need to be close to the castle to see the projections. So I think the fireworks party @ Plaza Gardens may be a good way to get to see the fireworks without having to wait for ages.

We have a few days at Magic Kingdom but I'm not sure which day to fit it into, given our dinner reservations as well:

Wednesday 26th July -
Dinner at 1900 P. Fare at 18:00

Saturday 29th July
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo at 16:00
Cinderellas Royal Table at 18:00

Which day would you pick for the Happily Ever After dessert party? As I'm not sure after being seated at either dinner and then trying to get to the Tomorrow Land Terrace Restaurant is doable for 20:00 in time for HEA at 21:00. Or is there a disabled viewing spot which we could use?
There is certainly a disabled viewing area in front of the castle for the parade but don't know whether it's there for the fireworks. For the parades as you look at the castle it's on that little roundabout where Walt's statue is with the viewing area to the right of it.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
BoltofLight
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
There is certainly a disabled viewing area in front of the castle for the parade but don't know whether it's there for the fireworks. For the parades as you look at the castle it's on that little roundabout where Walt's statue is with the viewing area to the right of it.
Thanks for letting me know about the parade viewing spot for the disabled I'll try to get to that now that I know its there.

Its funny as I rang up Disneyworld and asked to be put through to their Disability team and the lady on the phone said that there was no disabled viewing area for the fireworks but she didn't mention anything about the parade.
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BoltofLight View Post
Thanks for letting me know about the parade viewing spot for the disabled I'll try to get to that now that I know its there.

Its funny as I rang up Disneyworld and asked to be put through to their Disability team and the lady on the phone said that there was no disabled viewing area for the fireworks but she didn't mention anything about the parade.
I've just sent you a private mail
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List