Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 6 Jul 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
The Wardles
Having Dinner with Goofy

Silver Moon Drive In

First time watching a film here, brilliant experience, a proper 1950's Drive In, the food is brilliant and so cheap, the tickets were $5 each, thats about $15 at AMC in Disney Springs, the food was also inclusive of TAX as was the price of the admission. We went to see Gaurdians 2, once the sun goes down, its a wonderful experience, hampered a little by some drivers who left their lights on, before being told by several viewers to turn them off :-)

Old 6 Jul 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

We really love it there. It's a bit of a drive, but well worth it once you're there and as you said great value for money
Sep 2024 10th Anniversary SSR & SF Sep 2023 SF Post Accident Sep 2022 SSR, RP and ALK October 2019 Disneyland and San Diego Sep 2018 Back to SSR Sep 2016 With the Zebras - ALK Sep 2014 Honeymoon - SSR Sep 2013 Surprise engagement - SSR Sep 2011 Back for three weeks - Comfort Suites Maingate East Sep 2009 Trip one - Econolodge
C4rla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Thanks for posting. I am really looking forward to going to Silvermoon drive-in, can't wait. It looks fab. How long of a drive is it from Disney?
Old 6 Jul 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
Thanks for posting. I am really looking forward to going to Silvermoon drive-in, can't wait. It looks fab. How long of a drive is it from Disney?
I think it was about 45 mins when we went from SSR. We've also done it on the way back from Busch Gardens once, which works well if you can fit that in.
Sep 2024 10th Anniversary SSR & SF Sep 2023 SF Post Accident Sep 2022 SSR, RP and ALK October 2019 Disneyland and San Diego Sep 2018 Back to SSR Sep 2016 With the Zebras - ALK Sep 2014 Honeymoon - SSR Sep 2013 Surprise engagement - SSR Sep 2011 Back for three weeks - Comfort Suites Maingate East Sep 2009 Trip one - Econolodge
C4rla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by C4rla View Post
I think it was about 45 mins when we went from SSR. We've also done it on the way back from Busch Gardens once, which works well if you can fit that in.
Thank you. That's an idea because we are staying at Busch Gardens overnight, so we could go on the way back the next day. Thanks.
Old 6 Jul 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
spoony
Apprentice Imagineer

spoony's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
Should be about 50mins, when we got there (too early) we thought it had closed down and been abandoned (it's got that look about it) still worth it though think we paid $4 because it was midweek (might have been Thursday)
September 2024 Last family trip to WDW
spoony is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by spoony View Post
Should be about 50mins, when we got there (too early) we thought it had closed down and been abandoned (it's got that look about it) still worth it though think we paid $4 because it was midweek (might have been Thursday)
Thank you. ha ha, I thought that when I seen a photo of it with no cars. It looked liked an abandoned car park.
Old 7 Jul 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
slave1
Apprentice Imagineer

slave1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Bring insect repellent if you intend opening the boot and sitting in the boot or bringing deckchairs and sitting outside!
Easter 2011 [month in Linfields], August 2012 [month in Linfields], July 2013 [month in Linfields], July 2014 [5 weeks in Linfields], July 2015 [3 weeks in Linfields], June 2016 [3 weeks in Linfields]. Aug 2017 [3 weeks in Cagan's Crossing], October 2019 [2 weeks in Linfields], July/Aug 2020 17days Miami/Key West/Bonita/Orlando
slave1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
The Wardles
Having Dinner with Goofy

Its really not far, about an hour down the US27, up to date sat navs get your straight there.
Old 8 Jul 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Never heard of this! Thanks so much!
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List