Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 14 Jul 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Diveteam
a Friend of the DIBB

I would say go for it, just get the earliest flight out in the morning and latest flight back at night, it will be a long day but worth it.

I used to regularly fly around Europe for a day with work. Leave on the first flight out have meetings all day then come back on the last flight of the night.

I have even done DLP and back in one day
Diveteam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Thanks everyone I'm so glad there's others out there like me I'm not mad after all ! That said any idea of best places to look for internal flights?

Edited at 02:33 PM.
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysbuddy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

United.com would be the best place probably.

They have a big hub in Newark and there is several flights per day between MCO and Newark.
mickeysbuddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by shrekndonkey View Post
Go for it , 6.30 am flight will get you there 9.15 . 45 mins to downtown ..then get a 7.30pm flight back to Orlando. Get plenty of coffee down you and some energy drinks lol... 9/11 memorial is worth the effort you'll put in.
But you'll have to get up at 3:30 to leave at 4 get to the airport by 5 to park the car and then check in by 5:30 if there is a 6:30 flight. Then if you land at 9:15, you still have to get off the plane, find your way out of the airport and find a taxi and then try and get to Manhattan (which in itself will probably take longer than 45 mins). I suppose it also depends on the airport you fly into but perhaps the trains maybe better as you'll have no luggage.

Even if you get there at 12 and back to Orlando by midnight, I'm sure you'll have a lovely day even if you are all wrecked for the next day

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
shrekndonkey
Excited about Disney

shrekndonkey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We used Delta from Mco, Jet Blue also fly into New York
Solana 2007 lindfields 2005 enclave suites 2004
ramada plaza 2003 quality inn plaza 2002
shrekndonkey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

JetBlue and Southwest are the big internal discount airlines. I would feel comfortable with either. A few other discount airlines (Sprint) nickel and dime you to death. Jet Blue used Kennedy as a hub I believe. I know SWA flies to airports around the city and I think Newark.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Forgot to add-Southwest is well loved by many Americans becuase they allow two checked bags (not applicable to you) and does not charge to change flights. If a lower fare comes along, you can rebook and they give you travel funds for the difference,

I fly Jet Blue every month or so and have always been pleased although SWA seems to be more on schedule with a flight back to Boston, the same time as mine.

Both have very good customer service and SWA has some flight crews that offer free entertainment (singing, monologues) during the flight.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

New York can be done in a day if your are selective.
Many years ago when we first went to Florida..our rep had day trips to NY...it was a new thing they were trying out..it cost approx £100 each.
We thought why not having never been.
It was an early flight ...On the on off bus...river cruise and lunch so it's doable .
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

I say do it if you can!
Last year was our once in a lifetime trip to Florida. I was old time and time again on here and elsewhere it wouldn't be, I'd be back, but I'm sorry to say I don't have the money that others seem to have and it was definitely once in a lifetime.
Because of this I wanted to do a Day trip to Miami, and everyone tried to put me off, tell me ot wasn't worth it, you have to stay overnight to do it properly etc. What a load of rubbish. I'm not very good at being told what to do lol.
SO we booked a day trip with Travel Republic, it was an early morning and late back home but I'll tell you something, it was the highlight of my time in America! I LOVED it, done an airboat on the everglades, held a baby alligator, done the star cruise, had free time shopping and had time for a swim, sunbathe and walk along Miami Beach. As well as eating in the Hard Rock Cafe. It was amazing and I'm so glad that I didn't listen to the "know it alls" from my friends and online groups.

I'm sure NY would be a long day but it would be well worth it. And I'm raging they've stopped those £100 deals that were mentioned above as I totally would have been adding that to my list last year lol.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah thanks for your encouragement Irish Lash I'm so glad you had a great time.
We've only been once before that was in 2015 but our trip was cut short at 9 days and we had to fly home as an emergency as my mum was in ICU she subsequently died in the December .We hadn't been on holiday in 2014 as we were saving for that trip.Then after my mum died I spent from June onwards on dialysis and now having been so lucky to get a transplant I can't travel this year .My son is growing up before my eyes and I have promised I will take him to the site of 9/11 before he's 18 but honestly I can't see how we will do it financially alongside everything else.So knowing from experience what twists life can take I'm going to give it my best shot but it will be the last thing I book after tickets and spending money saved but hopefully I will be posting on here about our faab day trip in just over a years time - overtime permitting .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List