Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Jul 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And then there were Three! July 2017 Day 6

INDEX

Day 6 - 14th July

I woke up at 4.30 🙁 and made a start on the trip report.

It was early magic hours today at Magic Kingdom so the plan was to leave at 7 to catch the bus. Didn't happen. Jas was going nowhere and needed a day of rest and Phoebe needed to get herself ready to meet her favourite character -Ariel.

Phoe and I left just before 7.30 and saw that a bus was already at the stop. We made a quick dash and made it. We arrived at 7.45 and were straight through bag check and having our picture taken on Main Street by 7.50.

We made the most of the time and rode Peter Pan before going to meet Ariel. Goofy's barnstormer next, followed by Dumbo and then a stop at Gaston's Tavern for a chocolate croissant and a giant cinnamon roll.

Next was a Haunted Mansion and the magic carpets of Aladdin before heading to our first fastpass - space mountain.

Phoe then wanted a hot dog from the lunching pad. We'd seen on Dibb that they were a snack credit. They aren't any more! She went for a cream cheese pretzel instead. I tried a piece - the pretzels really aren't my thing but at least this one isn't as salty as the plain ones.

Next was Indy speedway. I love this ride, the girls loved that they could steer themselves when they were younger. We then had a quick look in the Main Street shops before our final FP for splash mountain. The clouds were starting to come in and I was worried that lightning would stop play. It started to rain just as we boarded but had stopped by the time we dropped.

It was now time to leave (via Starbucks for a quick venti cookies and cream thing) and head for Disney Springs. The buses don't go to Disney Springs until 4 so we decided to have a little adventure and get on a bus to Saratoga Springs and then walk to Disney springs.

We had to ask the bus driver which stop to get off (congress park) and which direction to head. It ended up being dead easy as there were sign posts and it was just a five minute stroll.

First stop was Blaze pizza for a late lunch. We shared a pizza - half cheese and half build your own. This was good!

Phoe wanted to go in Mac and Sephora. I stayed outside for Sephora after getting told off for following her round in Mac!

Then to superdry - who had a summer sale with up to 50% off! We both made a purchase here.

Phoe then wanted Pandora who were having a 10 day promotion - spend $100 and a free gift of either earings, leather bracelet or a ring up to the value of $75. $200 dollars and 2 free gifts later, Phoebe was a happy bunny.

We then headed to the boat dock to get the boat back to French Quarter. Nice pleasant trip which I think took about ten minutes.

Jas had survived the day on snacks and Powerade. Time to get some laundry done as I had a massive pile after the soggy water park yesterday.

Dinner at the food court - I went for the prime rib which was delicious.

Had a bit of a tidy up as the room is starting to fill up with shopping bags!

It was then 'movie under the stars' night. Beauty and the beast. We saw this on the plane so only stayed for the beginning and then got an early night.

Total steps: 22,554
Cost of dining plan food consumed: $73.05

Tomorrow is breakfast with Ariel and Eric followed by Epcot

Edited at 11:33 AM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day for the two of you hope Jas felt better after a rest and a day on her own.

Joan
Old 15 Jul 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day for the two of you hope Jas felt better after a rest and a day on her own.

Joan
She did thank you
Old 15 Jul 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab day at mk and DS for you both. Hope jas recovered after having a rest day and makes it out with you tomorrow
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

Love your T- shirts! Where are they from please? Really enjoying your trip report! My little girl is called phoebe but we call her phoebs for short, never heard phoe for short but totally makes sense! Lol x
chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Poor Jas, hope she is feeling better soon.
That cinnabun looks mm yummy 😋
I love the movies under the stars thing, we have never stayed on site so not been able to do it. glad you enjoyed Blaze!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Phoe looks lovely going to meet Ariel, love her face glitter.

You always look great in your matching tops. I'd never get Hannah to agree to that, you're lucky!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Fab day at mk and DS for you both. Hope jas recovered after having a rest day and makes it out with you tomorrow
Yes she's with us!
Old 15 Jul 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by chazb View Post
Love your T- shirts! Where are they from please? Really enjoying your trip report! My little girl is called phoebe but we call her phoebs for short, never heard phoe for short but totally makes sense! Lol x
The t-shirts are all from primark!
Phoe is quite often Phoebs but mostly Phoe!
Old 15 Jul 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Phoe looks lovely going to meet Ariel, love her face glitter.

You always look great in your matching tops. I'd never get Hannah to agree to that, you're lucky!
It's been a struggle getting Jas in them and it has been agreed that from today she can wear what she wants!