Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 15 Jul 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Germ of a plan

Right. So after an absence of 11 years I've been instructed to sort out a trip back to Florida including our grown up children and assorted partners to celebrate(?) my 60th next year.
Looking at probably late September, early October. My initial thoughts are that I'd like to incorporate a short break to have a look round Miami, and perhaps a jaunt down the Keys as well as visiting Mickey et al.
Anyone done something similar? If so I'd love to hear how it went from a practical point of view, or recommendations on which way to best do it, areas of Miami to stay etc?
The Orlando bit would be villa based.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Been giving this some more thought. As I see it we have two options ( well two and a bit).
First option, fly in and out of Orlando, have a villa for the whole holiday, but go down to Miami etc as a side trip somewhere in the middle, just taking a few overnight things enough for a few days or so.
Or, second, fly into MIA do what we need to do then drive upto Orlando to finish the holiday, flying back from Orlando, or possibly catch an internal flight back to return from MIA.
Would three or four nights be enough for the side trip to Miami and a wander down the Keys? Which option would be best?
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There's 2 different trains of thought on this, we've done one of them:
1.First do the parks first then use Miami etc to recuperate
2. Miami first to charge your batteries & then hit the parks.

For what it's worth we have done no.1, but Fort Lauderdale & not Miami, & probably wouldn't do that way again ; after all the hustle & bustle it was suddenly too quiet & we soon realised that for us a US beach holiday just wasn't us. To go from a place that you could wake up & do something different every day to well ... lying on a beach or swim in the sea ...
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lancer01
Proud to wear my Ears

Four of us are flying direct to Fort Lauderdale in a few weeks with BA. Staying in Fort Lauderdale for the first night and then driving down to Marathon for next couple of days. From here we can explore the keys a bit. Then driving up to Marco Island and staying 1 night. From there up to Clearwater for two nights and then into Orlando in a villa for 2 1/2 weeks. Last day will be a trip back to Fort Lauderdale for our flight home.
Lancer01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
As we live in a democracy we've put it to a vote. The majority prefer flying into Miami (or Fort Lauderdale if the price is right) spending about four days or so down there, driving up to Orlando to finish the holidays, picking an extra car up for the remainder of the holiday. Fly back from MCO either direct or by internal back via MIA, depending on price etc.
Next thing is getting my head round the new FP system...